PowerSpec G708 vs G438 vs G900?

G708 Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060Ti 8GB GDDR6; 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM; 1TB Solid State Drive ($1,800)

G438 Specs: Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6; 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM; 1TB SSD ($2,000)

G900 Specs:AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6; 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM; 2TB SSD ($2,200)

Use: Mostly gaming, first-person shooters which I would like to get about 100+ FPS at 1080p at regular settings. Games: Apex, CoD, Battlefield, Valorant.

I am feeling the best bang for my buck is going to be the G900 for only a couple hundred more, plus I already have a 3070, which I can use the funds to upgrade to either AMD or 3080/90 GPU. Opinions?

Answers

• Greetings! Out of those three, if budget is not an issue, I would go with the G900 like you were thinking. Mainly because of the processor - it's really future proof in case you wanted to stream / edit, etc. on top of gaming and it does have double the storage space already installed compared to other two.

• I am not an impartial source given that I work with the team that engineers these systems, but of these 3, the G708 is probably my favorite from a technical design perspective. It is the first system we've released with both an AMD integrated graphics card enabled as well as an Nvidia dedicated GPU. This serves a very unique function for those interested in streaming their games while playing as they can use their AMD Vega graphics for their video streaming and their Nvidia GPU for their gameplay without suffering any performance penalties. That $1800 budget is deceptive as it punches well above its weight class because of this design (assuming you intend to take advantage of this type of streaming).

As @Ian stated, if money isn't a concern, the G900 is technically the fastest among the three systems and has the most upgrade headroom. The motherboard would support the 16 core 5950X while the G438 would top out at the 8 core 11900K (or 10 core 10900K from last generation). Factor in AMD's IPC gains, you'd have similar gaming performance while AMD would come out on top in multi-threaded workloads due to the sheer core advantage.

It should also be noted that the G708 shares the same upgradability as the G900, supporting up to a 5950X and the same max memory configuration. I you wanted to start out saving $400 and upgrade later, it's still a very solid option.

My biggest question to you would be: Do you already have a decent monitor, keyboard and mouse, and have you already factored them into your budget? If not, the $400 you save going with the G708 could go towards those peripherals. Just something to think about. At the end of the day, I am proud of all 3 of these models and I am sure you'd be satisfied with any one of them, especially for 100+ FPS on the gaming titles you've requested. I'd even wager 1440p would be easy to push at those framerates with these 3 systems.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99