Laptop Purchasing Advice

Options

Greetings everybody,

I'm looking to buy a laptop and was wondering if anybody could offer some advice/guidance. I'll be primarily using it as a "workstation" (mostly TouchDesigner but also a little Photoshop, Ableton, and Blender). I plan to only hook it up to one other monitor. Internal speakers, camera, and other features aren't as important to me. Ideally not trying to spend anything over $2000 USD.

I've found a couple of laptops that I think might work but not sure if they're any good or just all hype. Would love here everybody's thoughts.

Acer - Predator Triton 500 SE

Alienware - m15 R5 

ASUS - ROG Zephyrus 15.6"

Additionally, is now a good time to buy? Are there better deals on the horizon?

I'm not in any rush so waiting a couple of months would be okay with me.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Ian
    Options

Greetings, which Micro Center store would you be nearest to? I would just like to make sure when we are making our recommendations that they have the items available.

As for are better deals available, unfortunately we do not have an idea on future sales/sale prices, I do apologize.

• JohnDaBeardWilliford
    Options

The Main Gear laptops are pretty solid as well. Take a peek and see what your local store has. If you are close to Mayfield let me know and I'll make sure to tell you when I'm around to give you some input.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99