Why is my CPU NOT supported?

Leona
Leona
First Comment
edited September 2021 in Windows

ok my cpu is running at 3.5ghz is dual core and has 8gb ram and secure boot is enables and TPM 2.0 is enabled. I have 2000gfb storage. my cpu is a amd athlon 3000g and it says it is compatible when it is fact not

Best Answer

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓

@Leona

Your settings are correct for Windows 11. Your motherboard needs to support Secure Boot, it doesn't need to be enabled. Could you run CPU-Z and check the architecture of the CPU? I'm digging through CPU-Z screenshots online of the Athlon 3000G, and I'm seeing two different versions. A 14nm Zen Raven Ridge version, which Zen isn't supported officially. And a 12nm Zen+ Picasso version which would be supported. Unconfirmed and I'm just parsing through pictures, but it would make sense.

Apologies, I replied to this and forgot about your original post. You posted a CPU-Z screenshot and confirmed it's Raven Ridge. Looking into this further, there are two boxes. FH is Picasso and the FB box is Raven Ridge. Compatibility it would seem depends on the particular version of the 3000G.

From ASRock's CPU Support list.

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99