Long-time MicroCenter customer, new to the "community"

dbeezley
dbeezley
edited October 2021 in General Discussion

I'm here because I have a question. For a couple of decades, I've been building/rebuilding my own computer, updating whatever part is needed. I've gone through a series of MOBOs, Processors, and cases. What I have now works fine, but it doesn't meet Windows 11. My Intel processor is Gen 7, need at least Gen 8. It appears I'm going to need a new MOBO as well, probably RAM. From what I see, I'm not sure if I'd be better off going with a prebuilt box but it has been so long since I've thoroughly researched the market, I'm not sure where to start.

First, I'm not 100% sure I'm in a hurry to do Win 11 anywhow. This is my office "work" machine (work as in "stuff a retired guy wants to do"). I have multiple hard drives and multiple screens at my desk. I don't do anything fancy. I'm 73 and Windows 10 is fine. My laptop and phone are Apple, so there is that...

Here's what I'm asking: What are the arguments for or against going to Win 11? IF I go to Win 11 should I gut out my (new) case and start over? Should I get a prebuilt? What choices to consider.

I'm attaching specs of what I have now.

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99