Pc randomly crashes to a gray screen

Options

Wasn't sure what category to put this in, my apologies!

Cpu- Ryzen 9 5950x

AIO- Corsair iCue h150i elite capellix

Gpu- PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT

Motherboard- ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

RAM- Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 gb x4 (64 gb)

Storage- Samsung 2TB 980 Pro 7000 Mb/s

Psu- Maingear Ignition 1000W

Case- Corsair iCue 5000X RGB

Pc randomly crashes every once in a while while I'm gaming and goes to a gray screen. All drivers and windows updates are up to date, and temps are fine. Any help appreciated!

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options

Hello @Camaro_SS

Thank you posting on the Micro Center Community! General discussion is fine to post this. Taking a look at your issue and build, you have quite the crazy high-end build.

A lot of Corsair and ASUS which is my favorite combination of brands when it comes to builds.

Does it matter which game you are playing or just any game? Does it crash on games that have a lower load? Is this a completely fresh build or may have you installed a graphics card before the 6900XT. If you used a previous GPU, it could be driver issues from the previous GPU.

You can also try booting into Safe Mode with Networking to see if you can launch your games and if you get a crash or not. There is definitely something weird that is happening.

• Camaro_SS
    Options
    @TSPhillipT Hey sorry for the late reply. Not sure if you’re even going to see this lol. I’m still having the issue. But to answer your questions it does matter what game i’m playing. The games that are more intense for me to run it will happen with. I always play in 4k with max settings so gpu is always at 99% utilization, but seems to work harder in some games. It is a fresh build, no previous gpu installed. I have also noticed on a new game now it will freeze the game every once in a while and gpu utilization drops to 0%. I would love to get it troubleshoot at micro center but the closest one is about 2 hours from me and I don’t want to risk bringing my expensive pc in :( . I bought the majority of my parts at micro center but I believe they’re pass the date of returning. I am at a loss for what to do at this point. I spent almost $5,000 on this pc just for it to barely even work. 
  • Camaro_SS
    Options
    @TSPhillipT Oh and also I completely agree Corsair and Asus have been my favorite brands for a long time! Sad to say this but now i’m starting to not feel that way. Not even sure if those parts have anything to do with these issues though
  • Ian
    Options

Greetings, have you tried a clean install of your video card drivers to see if that helps? Here is a step by step guide on how to do this: https://community.microcenter.com/kb/articles/133-how-to-clean-install-video-card-drivers-in-windows-10 

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99