Samsung Television Repair Needed

Options

Hi,

I purchased a Samsung TV that is in need of repair. There is no picture and a white flicker on the left hand side. I got in touch with someone on the phone at Micro Center (610) 989 - 8400 who verified that I purchased it Nov 18 2018 and that I have coverage for this that expires soon (Nov 18, 2021).

I was transferred to 'Technical Support' (option 5). I was put into a phone que and waited for 15 minutes. I had to hang up and go somewhere. I called back a second time and was put into the same que and waited over 50 minutes before I hung up.

I need to get my television looked at before my coverage expires -- what is the best way to get this addressed? The people at the nearest store claim that they don't fix televisions and not to drop it off. They said that someone would actually come out to my house to look at my TV -- how can I schedule an appointment without waiting so long on the phone?

Any help appreciated,

Comments

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @JumpToConclusionMatt . There are a few things to unpack here, so bear with me.

First and foremost, our protection plans do in-fact cover in-store service for televisions. Whomever you spoke to at the store may have been mistaken on the process, but we can schedule for a TV repair team to come to the store for repair or if the television cannot be repaired, we can assist with getting it replaced. This is all mentioned on your replacement plan contract: https://www.microcenter.com/site/customer-support/protection-plans/protection-plan-hdtvs.aspx

When choosing Protection Plans, not only is your HDTV protected against the added expense of parts and labor to repair it, but it also includes in-store service or shipping to and from the authorized repair center. If it becomes uneconomical to repair during the coverage period, it may be replaced free of charge with a comparable item.

As for the phone queue times, this is something we can mitigate through our text/email/chat services which would likely be more convenient for this type of issue, as the phones are better served for those that may need remote connection assistance and detailed troubleshooting. I'll kick your information over to our technical support leadership team and have them reach out to you with details on the TV repair process.

In the meantime, let us know if there is anything you need and we will do what we can.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99