DIY - Laptop - Hardware

Options

I have a Dell Espiron 5570. Want to replace the SSD, Memory, and CPU. Have specs for SSD from Dell, memory, but not sure what CPU is needed. Using Intel, Pentium 4415, 2304 MHz, Can go to i7, too expensive, i3 to i5 is usable. Opinion on best for my laptop. Also can use AMD, too much to list here. Have not had any trouble with Intel. Need to be upgraded for speed, Quad-core. I see Micro has great prices on Memory, SSD, pricy on CPU. Opinion on best Memory for the laptop? Any ideas on AMD? Will have to get more info about limits from Dell. Has anyone used Acronis? Is Minitool the same or better to clone SSDs? What if using Samsung SSD, is the Samsung cloning the same or better? I am asking for my information from people who have done this many times, or often, hopefully, I have not done this with a laptop.

Best Answer

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Greetings. You should be able to replace the SSD and RAM in most laptops. However, we would not sell processors or service processor upgrades for laptops. The processors you see on our website would be for desktop PCs. Upgrading a laptop processor is next to impossible, so if you're planning on doing that much hardware changing to your laptop, it may be simpler to just look into a new laptop with those specifications that you are looking for instead of upgrading the RAM and SSD.

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99