Dell CTO 70x Builds (i7 11700) w/ 32GB RAM w 1TB SDD

In the past two weeks I have bought two of these - an open box 703, and a new 704. They have been connected to a 44" ultrawide monitor by DisplayLink port.

The open box 703 crashed 2-3 times per day in light business application use. I thought maybe there was some defect in RAM or motherboard and so returned it, and bought the 704 new unit. Just set that one up today and SAME ISSUE - crashing twice already.

Operational load cannot be the issue. These boxes were put in place to replace, and have an identical set of documents and applications as, an HP desktop with a several-generations-older i7 chip, 16 GB RAM and a 256 GB SDD used simultaneously with spinning storage, driving two monitors (34" ultrawide over HDMI, and 22" standard monitor over VGA).

There is some grave build defect here that should be remedied. Second box will need to be returned too.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99