Is Micro Center able to diagnose a 3970x Threadripper CPU / sTRX4 motherboard? My PC stopped booting

Options
IndigoNights
edited November 2021 in General Discussion

I asked a couple of local private repair shops and they told me they don't have the capability to test my CPU. I even went to a shop that said they COULD diagnose my pc, but honestly was not helpful at all and only gave me very general information as they did not have a STRX4 board to test my CPU.

I wanted to make sure Micro Center is able to diagnose what's wrong with my PC.

I did an RMA on my motherboard (ROG STRIX sTRX4 Gaming XE) and Asus told me it was confirmed defective. I got a replacement board as it was deemed not fixable, but basically I get the same error code with the new board - (a memory error code). The only thing I can think of, is that my CPU is defective somehow after only having it for 1 year. Asus told me if my memory (which i've tested) is fine, it is most likely the CPU.

I've been able to test every other component except the CPU. But I need to make sure its the part that is defective, before I try to do a RMA with AMD.

Comments

• Ian
    Options

Greetings. I am sorry for the delay as it appears this post has went overlooked. Yes, we do offer diagnostics in-store at any Micro Center store. This service would be $39.99. No appointment needed.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99