Gaming PC Question $500 Budget

I would like to build a gaming PC on a 500$ budget. I do not need a monitor or keyboard or mouse. The games I need to play the most are Esport games such as rocket league, fortnite, Apex, COD modern warfare etc. at a playable frame rate preferably above 60 FPS. Wanting to see if that is possible on the budget I have. 

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2020
    Hello @FoxytailR! Welcome to the Community. 

I'll be honest, on that budget, it'll be tough to put something together. This build is the cheapest I'd go:

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=37ec16bf-a4b1-40dd-bcec-d89a8c5c86a4

It's about as low as you I could get on specs while still being able to play all the games you listed, but even then it's $550 before taxes and that's without Windows included. Unfortunately, any downgrades from here I fear would put some of those games (namely Modern Warfare) at poor framerates. We're already as basic as it gets for the CPU, and the 1650 Super is your best budget option for a GPU. Also sitting at only 8GB of RAM, which can sometimes be on the borderline for enough RAM these days. 

The other option would be to put together a system with a Ryzen 5 3400G and no dedicated video card. The integrated Vega 11 graphics on the 3400G are actually pretty solid for an iGPU, about equivalent to a GTX 750. In Rocket League, Fortnite and Apex you would get playable framerates at low settings, but in Modern Warfare you'd be forced to lower your resolution to make it playable, even at very low settings. 

• Thank you for your help! How much more would it cost for the build you suggested including windows?
  • Also.. this would be the price to purchase the parts and then have Microcenter build it? If so, are your stores open to still do Builds? 
  • Sorry.. another question with this build..  would this computer be long term upgradeable.. I may want to upgrade the processor at some point. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would only be the price to purchase parts, before taxes. Windows is an extra $140, and custom build services start at $149.99 for the labor. So if you're including the cost of Windows and having us build it for you, you're looking at at least $850 before taxes, but I believe it would technically be a tier 2 build for this setup which would be $199.99 for labor, and would bring it up to $900 total before taxes. 

At that point you'd be better of purchasing a pre-built like our Powerspec G162, or the B677 and adding a video card yourself. 
  • Thank you, I think we are going to order parts and then build it ourselves. Can we just order online and ship to us or do we have to pick up in store? Also, with these parts, will these pc be upgradeable? Eventually, I’d like to upgrade the processor. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of our parts are available online, some are in-store only. Parts that are in-store only will be designated as such on the product page. 

As for upgradability, you will have room upgrades in the future if you want to go that route, though in that case I'd get a slightly more powerful power supply to leave a little more wiggle room. The only caveat with the upgrades is that with a B450 motherboard, you're only really going to be able to upgrade within the 3rd generation Ryzen CPUs, as the fourth generation CPUs may not be supported on these motherboards. 
  • C0v3rt_X
    C0v3rt_X ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2020

FoxytailR said:
    I would like to build a gaming PC on a 500$ budget. I do not need a monitor or keyboard or mouse. The games I need to play the most are Esport games such as rocket league, fortnite, Apex, COD modern warfare etc. at a playable frame rate preferably above 60 FPS. Wanting to see if that is possible on the budget I have. 

Just $500? That is a difficult choice  I would suggest saving up more money say $1,000 then you can get yourself a decent custom system. But that's just me.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99