Laptop will not boot up, but will turn on initially

Options
Hello! I have a Toshiba Satellite P55W-B5224. My computer will not turn on at all. Now, i can push the power button and it turns on, and i can hear the fan and motherboard click. But the monitor will not display anything. I tried the little reset button to the right of the laptop, but the USB port. I have also tried the power button quite a few times. Also, i tried hooking it up to a few different monitors via HDMI, and it would not display anything. Monitor said “No Input Detected”.

Any advice/ assistance would be greatly appreciated, as this is my work computer. 

Answers

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    If the battery is removable from the outside, I'd suggest taking it out, unplugging the charger and then holding down the power button for 30 seconds. After that put the battery back in and try turning it back on. 

I would also try hooking up an external monitor and see if anything shows up. It's possible it's an issue with the display itself. If an external monitor won't display anything, there's probably something wrong with the laptop and at that point I'd recommend bringing it in to your local Micro Center to our repair desk. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99