Desktop not connecting with peripherals

I bought a pre-built desktop from Microcenter in July 2017, PowersSpec model item G314, SKU 241984. Last week, I was playing a game and all of a sudden the desktop shut down on its own. Ever since then, when I try to turn on or reboot the PC, none of the peripherals work including monitor, keyboard and mouse. I have tried different ports and cables still to no avail. Any suggestions or recommendations ?

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    It sounds to me like it's something with the motherboard, but let's try a couple simple things first. Disconnect all the peripherals, then unplug the power cord for the compute. While it's unplugged, hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it back on. After that, re-attached your peripherals one at a time and see if they work. 
  • Hello. Thanks for your input. I just tried to follow your instructions. After holding the power button for 30 seconds and turned the power back on, I tried plugging back the peripherals. I accidentally moved the desktop a little to get a better angle in the back and the computer turned off on its own and wouldn't turn back on. I unplugged and replugged power cord and turned back on the computer, tried to connect my keyboard and it was a success! But my monitor and my mouse are still not successfully connecting. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like something could be loose internally. If you're comfortable with it, disconnect the power cord and take off the side panel, and make sure all the cables/components are snug in their sockets, then try again. 
  • Hi Tony. Thanks I tried your instructions but maybe I am not doing it correctly. Everything feels like they are in the sockets. When I powered it on, same issue occurred. No monitor or mouse connection. Just the keyboard. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, one last thing then. If you look at the motherboard, can you see a round, silver battery? It might be hiding behind the graphics card, but if you can access it. you can actually pull that battery out. 

Disconnect power again, pull the battery for about 5-10 minutes, then plug it all back in and turn it back on. Doing this will clear the CMOS on the system and could potentially kickstart things again. If this doesn't work, I'm going to have to assume it's some type of hardware issue. If you bring the system to the repair desk at your local store we can run diagnostics to figure out the issue. 
  • Thanks Tony. I'm hesitant in trying to remove the graphics card myself. I'll likely try to bring it into the repair desk to troubleshoot. Thanks for your help!
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course! I totally understand being hesitant. Let us know if you have any other questions!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99