I want to purchase a wireless monitor that does not require a power cord to run - does it exist?

smooth
smooth
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I want to purchase a wireless monitor that does not require a power cord to run (has a battery which can be charged) and does not need a data cable from my laptop to display images.  I want a regular standing monitor, not a portable one.

Answers

• Take a look at this: Dell S2317HWi 23" Screen LED-Lit Monitor with Wireless Connect and Wireless Charging Stand otherwise there is no monitor that you are speaking off. Battery powered ones don't last long. You can't kill hard wired AC.
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    smooth said:
    I want to purchase a wireless monitor that does not require a power cord to run (has a battery which can be charged) and does not need a data cable from my laptop to display images.  I want a regular standing monitor, not a portable one.
    Unfortunately I do not believe such a product exists at this time. Wireless display technologies do exist, however they often suffer from higher input latency. Battery powered displays are not common as of yet, especially ones that are not designed with portability in-mind. You can get portable displays such as the ASUS ZenScreen and power it using an external battery bank, however you'd also need a wireless display adapter that will function through the USB Type-C's "Displayport Alternative Mode", which I cannot think of any off the top of my head.

You might be able to get a larger tablet and find a stand for it and use it as a "wireless" display using wireless display applications/features such as Miracast, but that's about the best I can think of.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99