Building a computer at Microcenter

Marietsy
Marietsy
First Comment
edited June 2020 in Help Choosing Parts
Hello, I am interested in building a computer at the Microcenter store and I need to know how much it costs to have it done. I already have the parts selected, and I will come to the store to get them, but I need to know the price of the service and if its a flat fee or by the hour. 

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello @Marietsy! Welcome to the Community. 

It's a flat fee based on what "tier" of build you need us to do. You can find a breakdown on pricing at the different tiers and what they cover here:
    https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/instore-service-complete-build.aspx

Just scroll down the page and click on each tier to view the exact details. 
  • Thank you very much for this info!
  • @TSTonyV, I am new to pc building and would like to build my first ever one myself, and I was wondering if it is possible to get help choosing the parts and help with building the pc there at the store?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    @TSTonyV, I am new to pc building and would like to build my first ever one myself, and I was wondering if it is possible to get help choosing the parts and help with building the pc there at the store?
    We have associates who specifically work in the Build Your Own section who can assist you with putting a build list together and figuring out exactly which parts are appropriate for your needs. If you want us to help you with assembly, only the service/repair desk can assist with that and there will be labor charges for us to do it. Unfortunately we don't have a one-on-one type service where we build it with you, you would just have to leave it with us then pick it back up at a later date. 

That said, there are a ton of great tutorials on Youtube for assembling your own computer. It's how I learned back in 2012 when I built my first PC. It seems daunting at first but in reality, it's not all the difficult. I like to call it "electronic legos," because as long as you take your time and are careful, all you really need to know is where to plug things in. Even beginners and first time builders can get everything put together without a problem if you follow a good guide. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99