NZXT H510

Options
Has anyone tried this case? I wonder how good the airflow is. I plan to put a AMD 3600X in it. With a Asus Prime x570-P and a GTX 2070 super.
Want to OC the CPU to around 4.2. But I am afraid of the airflow in this case will run hot. I also plan to get a Noctua U12A to cool the CPU.

Thanks!

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    The H510 isn't know for having great airflow, but the 3600X is a CPU that doesn't have a lot of overclocking headroom in the first place, as they're running near max capabilities out of box. You probably won't have any issues with overheating. 

That said, the Cooler Master NR600 is the same price and has very good airflow with the mesh front panel, so if you want a high-airflow case at that price point it would be my recommendation. 
  • Kuppa
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    The H510 isn't know for having great airflow, but the 3600X is a CPU that doesn't have a lot of overclocking headroom in the first place, as they're running near max capabilities out of box. You probably won't have any issues with overheating. 

That said, the Cooler Master NR600 is the same price and has very good airflow with the mesh front panel, so if you want a high-airflow case at that price point it would be my recommendation. 

I see, I was wondering if I am worrying about nothing. Also, hope the GPU won't throttle. I like the NR600 too! but I want a white case :( Also looking at the P400A, but would have to purchase online.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    I don't think you'll have to worry about any throttling issues on the GPU. 

If you were going for a heavy overclock on something like an Intel K-series chip then I'd say the H510 may not be the best bet, but you shouldn't have to worry about that too much with the Ryzen CPUs. The H510 isn't bad for airflow, there are worse cases for sure. There are just better ones if you specifically want to go for airflow. The H510 is otherwise an excellent case with good tooling and design. 
  • Kuppa
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    I don't think you'll have to worry about any throttling issues on the GPU. 

If you were going for a heavy overclock on something like an Intel K-series chip then I'd say the H510 may not be the best bet, but you shouldn't have to worry about that too much with the Ryzen CPUs. The H510 isn't bad for airflow, there are worse cases for sure. There are just better ones if you specifically want to go for airflow. The H510 is otherwise an excellent case with good tooling and design. 

think you sold me! Thanks!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99