3.5mm headphone jack causing high pitch beep

I recently purchased a PowerSpec g706 on 6/4/2020 and i noticed when i had my mic plugged into the front jack it would cause a high pitch beeping sound when you listened to it. Muting my mic still caused the sound to play when i listened through my headset. I tried the back ports and they had no issues. I don't know what to do to fix this. I reinstalled my audio drivers but to no avail. Please let me know if there is a possible fix to this. Thank you :)

Comments

• I am also using a Sennheiser GSP 500 in case that helps. I have also attempted to unplug and replug in the port

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello @Fedeld! Welcome to the Community. 

If you're comfortable getting at the inside of the computer, there is something you could try. Turn off the system and disconnect the powercord, then unplug and re-plug the front panel audio connector. It's on the bottom-left corner of the motherboard, labelled HD_AUDIO1

Hopefully that will fix it. If not, it's likely an issue with the port or the motherboard. In either case, I would bring the system to the repair desk at your local store for evaluation. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99