Video Card Upgrade

hi - I bought a Video card along with 2 year warranty from Duluth, GA store. I like to upgrade the video card with the warranty still available on the original Video card.  

Question: Can  I  return my current video card and get the gift card valued for it and use it for my new upgraded video card in same Duluth, GA store.  The question is relevant due to covid, I wonder if returns and gift cards are still accepted as payments.  I tried clling the store many times and could not get connected, which I understand. But an answer here is greaty appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello @bestbuy25! Welcome to the Community. 

Replacement plans for videos are not actually to be used as an upgrade plan. They only cover if the card experiences some type of problem or failure, the way a manufacturer's warranty would work, except you go through us instead. 
  • Okay if what you mentioned is true, I fell for the marketing pitch your sales guys did to sell the replacement plans. Next time I will refuse and also alert about this in my social circle, so my tech friends don't fall for it. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one of the sales associates explained it that way, then I do apologize for the miscommunication. You're always welcome to speak to a manager about it to see if they're willing to work with you. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 
  • Yeah I can speak to manager, only if they answer my calls, which is the reason I wrote up my question on this chat.  I won't know if I can met manager when I get there to the store.
    Oh by the way, it was not just me that had this situation, there seems to be many, SO it's not just ONE salesperson is the impression i get. Feel free to read the link below for more details.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/1pz2xs/microcenter_rep_told_me_if_i_get_their/cd7iedl/

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can private message me your contact information as well as the reference number from your purchase, I can get a message passed to the store to have them reach out to you. 
  • So direct messaging with all contact information didn't help. Been waiting since jun 2 for the store to call or email me without any success, our extended warranty is expiring today though. So the lesson is never fall for marketing pitch that says, oh you can upgrade your component if you buy replacement plan. This seems to have happened for many looking at forums, one link i posted above. Thanks for trying to help TSTonyV.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll get your information to my managers to see if there's anything further we might be able to do. I understand the frustration, let me know if you have any more questions for now. 
  • I got a call from the store manager and he has helped. We got the video card upgraded. Thanks for helping in resolving this. You have retained another loyal customer.  
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update! I'm glad they were able to work something out with you. If you have any other questions please let us know!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99