Hell Spawn - Micro Center Build

System
System admin
5 Likes Photogenic
edited June 2020 in Your Completed Builds

imageHell Spawn - Micro Center Build

I am the Primary Care Giver for my sister (with cancer) and her two disabled sons (one has Parkinson's the other is Autistic) and the Family PC was getting old and outdated plus the Autistic child was on it all the time so I upgraded the old family

Read the full story here

Comments

• I am really proud of this build but already planning some upgrades:
    1.) Upgrade to the AMD Ryzen 9 4900x (when it is released later this year)
    2.) Upgrade all case fans to Corsair LL Series fans (one on rear and two on bottom)
    3.) Upgrade CPU Cooler Fans from the Non-RGB Corsair ML Series fans to the RGB version of the ML Series fans
    4.) Upgrade Ram to 64GB Corsair Dominator @ 4,000Mhz
    5.) Laser Etch some stuff on top/front and side glass (gonna buy my own laser engraver soon to do this)
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    As a fellow AMD fan who is also running lots of red fans and lights in my build, I have to say I love this! I'm excited to see what AMD does with fourth gen Ryzen. If it's a big enough performance leap, I may just go ahead and upgrade my 3700X a little earlier than originally planned. 

Make sure you post new pictures if you get that laser engraving finished!
  • VenusPCS
    VenusPCS
    First Comment
    edited June 2020

TSTonyV said:

As a fellow AMD fan who is also running lots of red fans and lights in my build, I have to say I love this! I'm excited to see what AMD does with fourth gen Ryzen. If it's a big enough performance leap, I may just go ahead and upgrade my 3700X a little earlier than originally planned. 

Make sure you post new pictures if you get that laser engraving finished!

The Ryzen 4000 APU's have already leaked and they are getting around 50% performance boost at a lower TDP than the 3000 series equivelants. I am hearing reports that the 4000 Series CPU's will be less of a boost but that they will still get around 20-30% boost over the same 3000 Series chips. Now having said that let me say this. The 3900x is a 3.6Ghz to 4.6Ghz (single core boost speed) processor where as rumors have it the 4900x will be a 3.8Ghz to 4.6Ghz (all core boost speed) with a single core boost of around 5Ghz. Now based on that and the fact I was able to get my 3900x stable on all cores at 4.5Ghz I am hoping I will be able to get the 4900x stable at 5Ghz on all cores (or at least 4.8Ghz. Which should net me about 30-40% performance boost)!
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited June 2020
    Yeah, I'm very excited to see what AMD continues to do with the next gen chips. Overclocking headroom is really the one thing that Intel could hold over their heads still, and if the performance increase of just the XT 3000-series chips coming out soon is anything to go by, 4th gen Ryzen should deliver big. Zen+ to Zen 2 was about a 20% overall increase if I remember correctly, another jump like that would probably completely close gap with Intel in gaming and other single-threaded scenarios. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99