Building a new PC - lack of AMD x570 motherboards?

Options
I have built many machines in the last 25 years, and now I'm ready to build my next machine. Intel's current offerings seem poor so I'm going to build an AMD machine. I am a programmer and so I'm much more interested in multithreaded performance over gaming performance. In comparing the B450 and the X570 motherboard features, I would much rather get a X570, especially if I can get it for less than $150 with the CPU bundle discount. However, there are no X570 motherboards to be had. Can someone at Micro Center tell me when they expect a new shipment? I'm specifically interested in the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard (https://www.microcenter.com/product/608721/X570_Phantom_Gaming_4_AMD_AM4_ATX_Motherboard).

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Hello @esok! Welcome to the Community. 

Unfortunately, there's a shortage of X570 motherboards in general right now, and we don't really have any exact estimates for when they'll come back in. Normally we'd try to have these boards back within a week, but just cannot guarantee that right now. My hope is that they'd be back within a week or two, but my best advice is to pay attention to the website in the mornings when we open and any availability will be updated. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99