Open Box PowerSpec G464 does not have Ryzen 3900X processor or 32GB memory

Options
To Whom it may concern:
I purchased an open box PowerSpec G464 desktop PC from the Microcenter in Paterson NJ last week.  Although the G464 is advertised as having an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8Ghz 12 core processor, and 32 GB DDR4 RAM, my PowerSpec actually has a Ryzen 3700X 3.6 Ghz 8 core processor, and 16 GB DDR4 (2 8GB G Skill sticks).  There were no open box disclaimers, and all relevant materials (the receipts, the 'open box' sticker on the PC) indicate that a 3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 core CPU and 32 GB DDR4-3200 RAM should have been included.

Can I take it back to Microcenter to have the right processor (3900X 12 core 3.8 Ghz) and memory (32 GB DDR4-3200) installed into the PC, as it was advertised?  Do I have to take it back to the same Microcenter?  (I'd prefer to take it back to the Microcenter in Brooklyn NY, which is much more convenient for me).

Thanks

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Hello @jr_11209! Welcome to the Community. 

Sorry for the delayed response, but from your email address it looks like you brought the computer back for an exchange for a new G464 model. Can you confirm that's the case and that everything is good with the new system?
  • jr_11209
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in responding.  I did bring back the open box PC I originally got and exchanged it for a new G464 model.  I have been using the new G464 for about a month.  So far, it has performed very well.  A couple of minor issues:
    - I just noticed a few days ago that the rear side panel of the case (the panel of the case that is right behind the motherboard - NOT the panel that includes the see-through) is misaligned.  It is popping out along the bottom at the point where it meets the front of the case.  I will have to remove it and reconnect it to see if I can get it to more smoothly align.
    - The inside does seem to run a little hot - I may increase the fan speeds a bit.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Glad the new system is working out for you. Let us know if you have any other questions and we'd be happy to help!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99