My Device IdeaPad S340-15IWLTouch........Camera currently is not working and need some suggestions

Options
gmagotu
gmagotu
First Comment
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
I just bought this laptop last month from Lenovo which is currently under warranty and was referred to you by them.  Camera is detected but is displaying some type of picture which is blocking the camera. It looks like a red ball with a black background.  Can someone please advise me on what I can do.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers several times and nothing seems to help.  I have pressed F8 to make sure camera is on and have used the sliding mechanism several times making sure camera shutter was opened or closed. When opened that is when I see the picture I described above.  Can someone please advise me or at least direct me in the right direction. Any suggestions I can get will be highly appreciated. 

Best Answers

• gmagotu
    gmagotu
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank U. I did bring it in and it was the camera cover causing the problem. It works fine now.  Can u also tell me if this specific  model has only the one front facing camera build in. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99