Excalibur - Micro Center Build

System
System admin
5 Likes Photogenic
edited June 2020 in Your Completed Builds

imageExcalibur - Micro Center Build

Gaming and workstation build. I'm a data scientist and I work with big data from home, so I needed a powerful multi-tasking machine.

Read the full story here

Comments

• That's beautiful..... Awesome!! Was sent here by YourAvgConsumer
  • Wow It looks awesome man. Question so I have the same motherboard and my graphics card is EVGA 2080 ti, but I got a message that says: VGA card no supported by UEFI what did you do in that case?
  • Thank you both!
    Luis - enable CSM mode in the BIOS and that should solve your problem. Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't even realize there was a comment section until today haha.
  • PenningtonTech
    edited June 2020

Luis said:

Wow It looks awesome man. Question so I have the same motherboard and my graphics card is EVGA 2080 ti, but I got a message that says: VGA card no supported by UEFI what did you do in that case?

Thank you both! Luis - enable CSM mode in the BIOS and that should solve your problem. Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't even realize there was a comment section until today haha.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Very clean! I am curious though, your pictures show the GPU both vertically and horizontally mounted. Did you start with a vertical mount and switch back to the standard horizontal because of thermals? 

• TSTonyV said:

Very clean! I am curious though, your pictures show the GPU both vertically and horizontally mounted. Did you start with a vertical mount and switch back to the standard horizontal because of thermals? 

Thank you!

It started horizontally mounted and then I was able to modify the Lian Li vertical mount to get it to work with the Corsair 220T. The final product has the vertical mount with the cage on the GPU. I think the pictures might have uploaded out of order haha. Thermals have been fine with the mount - about 3C higher at idle but nothing serious. The FTW3 cooler is also very capable so it may be an issue with lower tier cards.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99