How to set up the installation of software to be copied to the large 2nd drive on a system

Options
I am ignorant of how I can use a secondary drive as the main drive to download games etc. when the primary drive C is only 250 gb ssd and the 2nd is 2tb. 
Daa feel dumb but can learn easily.
I guess I need to add some command or such to have this done always

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    If you're on Windows 10, it's actually pretty simple. Go to your Start Button, then Settings > System > Storage on the left. Under Storage there should be an option that says "change where new content is saved." You can then select which drive in your system different things will automatically save to. Games would fall under the Apps category. 

Some programs or games will sometimes allow you to select where they're installed as well, if they do you can always just manually select the drive in those cases. 
  • Thanks , as simple as that is I could not get HP to tell this and I sent them their pc back , done with them .
    At least the Micro Center tech told me about how to make a file and download on the last option but did not Know the 1st
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Yeah, it's one of those really simple and useful features in Windows 10 that a lot of people probably don't know about. Let us know if you have any other questions!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99