Trying to buy/ Preorder the Samsung Odyssey G9 online via microcenter and not having any luck

Options
NcokeO
NcokeO ✭✭
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I'm wanting to purchase or prepurchase the Odyssey G9 but am having no luck even finding it in the webstore.
last week i was in store in the Saint Louis Store and someone from the monitor department said ppl have been picking up their G9 and G7 Orders early.

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Hello @NcokeO! We actually do not carry the G9 models available at the moment from what I can see, we currently on have the 27" and 31.5" G7 monitors. I'm not sure if/when we may have the G9 ultrawides, so I can't make any promises on that front, but if you keep an eye on the website we'll update any availability if we have them. If the associate mentioned the G9 monitors, they may have just been mistaken and thought the 31.5" models was the G9. 
  • NcokeO
    NcokeO ✭✭
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    Hello @NcokeO! We actually do not carry the G9 models available at the moment from what I can see, we currently on have the 27" and 31.5" G7 monitors. I'm not sure if/when we may have the G9 ultrawides, so I can't make any promises on that front, but if you keep an eye on the website we'll update any availability if we have them. If the associate mentioned the G9 monitors, they may have just been mistaken and thought the 31.5" models was the G9. 

that makes more since. Damn.

Been contemplating the LG CX 48inch 4k 120hz hdmi 2.1 TV or this Samsung Odyssey G9 for my new gaming PC monitor.
    I appreciate the fast response.

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    NcokeO said:
    TSTonyV said:

that makes more since. Damn.

Been contemplating the LG CX 48inch 4k 120hz hdmi 2.1 TV or this Samsung Odyssey G9 for my new gaming PC monitor.
    I appreciate the fast response.

If you go the route of the LG CX, be mindful that HDMI 2.1 GPU's are not out yet, so you'll have to use it at 1440p 120hz until an HDMI 2.1 GPU comes out. Club3D just recently launched a DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 adapter which uses DSC 1.2A (Display Stream Compression) to allow 4k at 120hz through the HDMI 2.1 ports on those TV's, but you lose out on VRR technologies like FreeSync and G-Sync. I currently use the 55 inch LG OLED B9 as my gaming monitor and I am still waiting for an HDMI 2.1 GPU myself.

I wish you the best of luck in your search for a good gaming monitor. Both the LG CX and the Samsung G9 will make for fantastic gaming experiences, so I hope you can get your hands on one soon.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99