Alienware R10

dpt
dpt
Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I want to buy the Ryzen edition Alienware desktop but do not want something that is liquid cooled. the one available with microcenter has the ryzen 7 3800x. it does not mention how it is cooled and on the Alienware website it says that for that processor liquid cooling is required. Does this PC from Microcenter have liquid cooling?

Comments

• What PC are you referring to? Do you have the link for the one you're referring to? If you can share that, I or they might be able to better answer. :) 
  • What PC are you referring to? Do you have the link for the one you're referring to? If you can share that, I or they might be able to better answer. :) 
    https://www.microcenter.com/product/624234/dell-alienware-aurora-r10-gaming-computer
  • DreadPirateRoberts
    edited July 2020
    @dpt Hmm. I think you're right. Based on Dell's specs and requirements for the prebuilt I'd assume they don't ship it without an AIO cooler. 
    As compact as this case is, I think you're probably better off with an AIO. Is there a specific reason you don't want it liquid cooled? 
  • well it will be my first gaming pc and I’ve heard liquid cooled PCs require a lot of maintenance and was advised against it since it could damage my components if it broke.
  • @dpt Hmm. I think you're right. Based on Dell's specs and requirements for the prebuilt I'd assume they don't ship it without an AIO cooler. 
    As compact as this case is, I think you're probably better off with an AIO. Is there a specific reason you don't want it liquid cooled? 
    well it will be my first gaming pc and I’ve heard liquid cooled PCs require a lot of maintenance and was advised against it since it could damage my components if it broke.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    dpt said:
    well it will be my first gaming pc and I’ve heard liquid cooled PCs require a lot of maintenance and was advised against it since it could damage my components if it broke.
    Liquid cooling requires a lot of extra maintenance if you're building a custom open-loop. For a pre-built with a closed-loop AIO like this, there isn't really any extra maintenance you'd have to do. 

If we want to be technical, yes, if the water cooler starts leaking you run the risk of damaging your other components, and since you're dealing with both a pump and fans there's technically more points of failure. However, failures like that are pretty rare and I don't think your overall risk on the system is much higher than it would be with an air cooler. 
  • TSTonyV said:
    dpt said:
    Liquid cooling requires a lot of extra maintenance if you're building a custom open-loop. For a pre-built with a closed-loop AIO like this, there isn't really any extra maintenance you'd have to do. 

If we want to be technical, yes, if the water cooler starts leaking you run the risk of damaging your other components, and since you're dealing with both a pump and fans there's technically more points of failure. However, failures like that are pretty rare and I don't think your overall risk on the system is much higher than it would be with an air cooler. 
    Thank you! incase you or anybody else was wondering I decided to buy the pc. I was expecting a high end alienware keyboard and mouse to come with it. It was just an ordinary Dell Mouse and keyboard but overall I love the PC.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99