My EPSON Perfection V600 Photo scanner is making a knocking sound sometimes when I scan.

TimL
TimL
First Comment
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
My EPSON Perfection V600 Photo scanner is making a knocking sound sometimes when I scan.  I bought the scanner May 25, 2020 from MciroCenter on Bethel Road in Columbus, Ohio. I bought the 2 year warranty. I called the EPSON tech support to inquire about getting it exchanged. I am awaiting a call. My question is, can I exchange it with you for a new one? I see that it appears that you don't even carry this model anymore and I need to have this model because it has the 35mm slide adapter. Can you help or should I deal with EPSON? When does my 2 year warranty kick in? Is it immediate or does it kick-in after the 1 year manufacturer warranty is over?
Thanks,
Tim 
[removed personal info for privacy]

Answers

• Well go to who ever you still have a warranty with first. I believe the warranties typically overlapp. The one that is longer should be the one you should probably go to first. Then see if you can replace it and later if all else still doesnt work you can then. If push to shove I guess should always also prepare to have to replace it entirely. If for whatever reason it falls outside the boundaries of the warrenty. Just best safe than sorry. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Replacement plans start from the day you purchase the item. If we don't have the same model available, we'll give you a credit for the original cost of the unit under the plan. 

Given that you're still somewhat close to when you originally purchased it, a manager may be willing to just let you exchange it without actually using the plan. That would be at their discretion, but you can always ask them when you come in. 
  • TimL
    TimL
    First Comment
    edited July 2020
    It does not appear that you have the Epson Perfection V600 Photo scanner in your inventory any more. I have to have this type of scanner because I need the 35mm slide scanning capability. Could you just refund my money so I can buy it somewhere else that does carry this model?
    Thanks,
    Tim 
    [removed for privacy]
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited July 2020
    I can get a message to our store managers to see if they would be able to do that for you. I'll open up a ticket. Could you private message me to confirm your phone number so they can reach back out to you?

Also, just for future reference, this is a public forum, so any personal information you post is viewable by anybody who's looking at the website. I went ahead and removed your information for privacy purposes. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99