New Computer's Display Turns Off, but GPU fans at max, and rgb still working.

So I built a new pc around a week ago. Here are the important parts.
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x COOLER: NZXT Kraken X63 GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 PSU: Corsair RM750
Ive been playing games like Overwatch and at random intervals the pcs screen goes black, display says no signal. The GPU fans get to max and make a loud noise. The rgb on the fans and the cooler still works. The tempreture isnt the issue, I monitored the temps as I play and they dont go above 60C. Ive checked to see that everything is plugged in and everything is in order there. Any suggestions on what to do?

Best Answer

Answers

• What do you look for in the event viewer logs? There seems to be a few different types of things shown.

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    You're looking for warnings/errors that match up with the time the issue occurred. @TSMikeW can correct me if I'm wrong, but usually graphics driver crashes in Event Viewer will list the faulting application and a faulting module, and the module will typically be the driver. Something like DirectX or Direct3D, or it may just say "display driver" in the error description.

I would definitely recommend downloading and running DDU to do a clean uninstall of your drivers and reinstall them. 
  • I’ve tried running DDU and have followed all the steps, the problem still persists. Could this be possible hardware malfunction? Any other fixes?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited July 2020
    Open up Settings, go to System, then Power and Sleep. Look for something like "additional power settings" and that should open up the power plans in your control panel. 

If you're set to the Ryzen power plan, switch it to the standard "balanced" option instead and see if that helps. Windows recently released an update and the Ryzen power plan has been known to cause issues like this after that. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99