Hello this is my first time building a PC! I have a budget between 800-1000$ Please help!

I would like to build a gaming PC on an 800-1000$ budget. I do not need a monitor, keyboard, or a mouse I already have these items. The games I need it to play the most are games such as Fortnite, Apex, COD modern warfare/warzone etc. at a playable frame rate preferably above 60 FPS. Also, I want to be able to edit videos and to be able to utilize streaming apps.  Wanting to see if that is possible on the budget I have. 

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    Greetings, you can for sure get a decent build at that price. I wasn't sure if you needed a copy of Windows with this, so it is included in the build price and I tried to get right in the middle of your budget price. If you don't need Windows, you can put that money towards extra storage or a better video card.

CPU: (1) AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Matisse 3.6GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler ($159.99 EACH)
    Motherboard: (1) ASUS B450M-A/CSM Prime AMD AM4 mATX Motherboard ($79.99 EACH)
    RAM: (1) G.Skill Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 PC4-24000 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3000C16D-16GISB - Black/Red ($55.99 EACH)
    Case: (1) NZXT H510 Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black ($69.99 EACH)
    Power Supply: (1) Thermaltake Smart Series 600 Watt 80 Plus ATX Non-Modular Power Supply ($57.99 EACH)
    Video Card: (1) ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 Super TUF Overclocked Dual-Fan 6GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card ($224.99 EACH)
    M.2 SSD: (1) Inland Premium 256GB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive ($39.99 EACH)
    Hard Drive: (1) Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 EACH)
    Operating System: (1) Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit OEM DVD - English ($119.99 EACH)

Total: $863.91
  • Hello, Thanks for your help! Was wondering since you said if I don't need windows to put it towards a better video card. Which video card would you recommend? Also, would this build be upgradeable in the future?
  • EDD
    EDD
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2020
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited July 2020
    Windows is an extra $120-140, so that would put the video card price into ~$350-70 territory vs the one in the build Ian suggested. That would put you in territory that includes the RTX 2060 and RX 5600XT for around $300, or if you can stretch up to $400, you could get an RTX 2060 Super or RX 5700XT (if you stick with the cheaper models, which I would do anyway). 

As for future upgrades, depending on what type of upgrade you want to do (and when) yes. The case, PSU, drives and SSD will all be reusable for quite some time. The motherboard, CPU and RAM will be upgradeable to a certain point, it just depends on how exactly you want to upgrade and how long you wait. Realistically, that 3600 should last you long a while. By the time you're hurting for CPU performance, the latest CPUs will have new sockets and form factors that would require replacing the board and RAM along with it. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99