Medium Gaming Build, thoughts and suggestions?

RBFlask
RBFlask
First Comment
edited July 2020 in Help Choosing Parts
Hey all, 

Would just like comments/direction with this build. I only play WoW retail and classic, maybe some monster hunter. Not looking to have the best in slot parts just something powerful enough to run WoW super smooth. Preferably want options from the microcenter near me, as opposed to ordering online. 

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=bb64d79c-64b6-418b-bf21-4800165497ed

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    It's a solid build all around, although I did notice you have a 1TB and a 120GB SSD. A smaller 120GB SSD doesn't really add much here, did you mean to put something else in?

The 1660 Super is a solid budget card that should handle most any game fairly well at 1080p. The Ryzen 5 3600 is of course a great value at its price and will pair well with future GPU upgrades if/when you eventually decide to do those. 
  • TSTonyV said:
    It's a solid build all around, although I did notice you have a 1TB and a 120GB SSD. A smaller 120GB SSD doesn't really add much here, did you mean to put something else in?

The 1660 Super is a solid budget card that should handle most any game fairly well at 1080p. The Ryzen 5 3600 is of course a great value at its price and will pair well with future GPU upgrades if/when you eventually decide to do those. 
    The idea was having my operating system on the smaller SSD for to boost performance? Can't imagine it's that big of a deal though. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    RBFlask said:
    TSTonyV said:

The idea was having my operating system on the smaller SSD for to boost performance? Can't imagine it's that big of a deal though. 
    If you were pairing that small SSD with a regular hard drive, then that would make sense since SSDs are faster than hard drives. But because you're pairing it with another SSD, it it'll be the same either way. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99