Need Advice on Minecraft computer for my son budget $500

Options
I would like some insight on what parts will be best for a Minecraft rig for my son.

Comments

• Rileymdm10
    Options
    Anything helps thanks,
    Riley
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2020
    Options
    If you're just running Minecraft, you don't need anything fancy at all. At $500, honestly I would just recommend purchasing the Powerspec B245. Minecraft is very light for system requirements. A light GPU with 8GB of RAM and 4-core processor are all you would need to run it very well. 

When you include the cost of Windows, it's usually better to purchase a pre-built system on a tight budget like this. Windows is an extra $120-140 and that makes it difficult to fit in other parts at this price point. If you really want to build one yourself, you could put together something like this:

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=8785e594-13d6-42f3-9fb6-0fea087ae4d5

The Ryzen 3 3200G is a pretty good little budget processor, and the integrated Vega 8 graphics on it are actually pretty decent, far better than the integrated graphics on Intel's CPUs. It can definitely run Minecraft, and we manage to fit in an SSD with a decent amount of storage space. The main difference with this build vs the Powerspec is that the Powerspec comes with a Ryzen 5 3400G which is a better processor with slightly better integrated graphics, which is why I'd recommend it over going the custom-build route. It's just a little better value for the same price, and will be better if you ever plan to upgrade the system in the future by adding a video card. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99