Need Help Choosing Parts and monitor; Please and thank you

I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. As this is my first desktop setup, I would like some pointers on key changes that I should do. Well somewhat know, that NVIDIA Ampere will be coming out soon and RTX 20xx series will drop in the future (Maybe). Same with AMD ZEN 3 and RNDA 2 or; Should I just wait around October before officially picking up any GPU and CPU? This setup will be mainly for gaming. 
The selection I have chose are AMD - Ryzen 9 3900XT Matisse 3.8GHz 12-Core AM4 Boxed Processor, Gigabyte - X570 UD AMD AM4 ATX MOBO, Corsair RM850 850W 80+ GOLD ATX, EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER FTW3 Ultra Gaming OC Triple-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0 GC, Thermaltake UX100 ARGB Univ. CPU Cooler, Samsung - 970 EVO+ 1TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 and Acer - Nitro XV340CK QHD 144Hz HDMI FreeSync HDR Ultrawide IPS LED Gaming Monitor. 

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    So there's a few things here. To answer your first question, If you're not desperate to get a new PC now, then it doesn't hurt to wait.  I would probably wait and see, if for nothing else than the fact that some of the current pricing will likely change. That said, the system you put together there would still last a long time anyway so it's not like you have to wait. 

There are some things I would change though. The 3900XT isn't worth the price increase over the normal 3900X. Even with an overclock, the 3900XT is only very slightly better than the 3900X at best and you wouldn't notice the difference. The only reason I would get the 3900XT or any of the other XT chips, is if you're into enthusiast overclocking on the AMD platform. 

What else are you doing besides gaming? If you're just gaming, you could with an i5-10600k or an i7-10700k + CPU cooler and get better gaming performance for the same or less cost overall. If you did go that route, I'd probably switch a case with better airflow. 
  • TSTonyV said:
    So there's a few things here. To answer your first question, If you're not desperate to get a new PC now, then it doesn't hurt to wait.  I would probably wait and see, if for nothing else than the fact that some of the current pricing will likely change. That said, the system you put together there would still last a long time anyway so it's not like you have to wait. 

There are some things I would change though. The 3900XT isn't worth the price increase over the normal 3900X. Even with an overclock, the 3900XT is only very slightly better than the 3900X at best and you wouldn't notice the difference. The only reason I would get the 3900XT or any of the other XT chips, is if you're into enthusiast overclocking on the AMD platform. 

What else are you doing besides gaming? If you're just gaming, you could with an i5-10600k or an i7-10700k + CPU cooler and get better gaming performance for the same or less cost overall. If you did go that route, I'd probably switch a case with better airflow. 
    Not in a rush of getting one. Just gaming mainly, what case would you recommend and CPU cooler? I noticed that Ryzen 3900x came w/ Wraith Fan CPU Cooler, thats if I were to pick AMD CPU. The reason I picked these parts were just for a long-term, so I don't have to worry about having to upgrade anything, I would give or take 5/6 years or even longer for 3900XT, 2080 Super and etc. to last that long. And in terms of longevity for i7-10700k, how long would that last me paired with 2080 super or next line of RTX or RDNA 2. And thank you for the help. OwO
    Also for VR. Certainly, I can save money by getting the i7-10700k, instead of upgrading it to i9-10900k. Again, I am not in the urgent of getting a PC right now. So I am assuming it is better just to wait and see what possible changes from i7/3900x and such.
    Also if I were to switch CPU, wouldn't I have to switch MOBOs, correct me if I am wrong. If so, what MOBO would you recommend to pair the intel CPU?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like your previous responses got messed up or deleted in some way. Could you try typing them out again? Just as a normal comment, no need to quote the reply or anything. 

If you switch to an Intel CPU yes, you'll have to use a different motherboard. At the same price point as the X570 you chose, I'd recommend the MSI Z490-A Pro
  • TSTonyV said:

Not in a rush of getting one. Just gaming mainly, what case would you recommend and CPU cooler? I noticed that Ryzen 3900x came w/ Wraith Fan CPU Cooler, thats if I were to pick AMD CPU. The reason I picked these parts were just for a long-term, so I don't have to worry about having to upgrade anything, I would give or take 5/6 years or even longer for 3900XT, 2080 Super and etc. to last that long. And in terms of longevity for i7-10700k, how long would that last me paired with 2080 super or next line of RTX or RDNA 2. Also for VR. Certainly, I can save money by getting the i7-10700k, instead of upgrading it to i9-10900k. Again, I am not in the urgent of getting a PC right now. So I am assuming it is better just to wait and see what possible changes from i7/3900x and such. Also if I were to switch CPU, wouldn't I have to switch MOBOs, correct me if I am wrong. If so, what MOBO would you recommend to pair the intel CPU? 
    And thank you for the help. OwO 

• TSTonyV said:

Not in a rush of getting one. Just gaming mainly, what case would you recommend and CPU cooler? I noticed that Ryzen 3900x came w/ Wraith Fan CPU Cooler, thats if I were to pick AMD CPU. The reason I picked these parts were just for a long-term, so I don't have to worry about having to upgrade anything, I would give or take 5/6 years or even longer for 3900XT, 2080 Super and etc. to last that long. And in terms of longevity for i7-10700k, how long would that last me paired with 2080 super or next line of RTX or RDNA 2. Also for VR. Certainly, I can save money by getting the i7-10700k, instead of upgrading it to i9-10900k. Again, I am not in the urgent of getting a PC right now. So I am assuming it is better just to wait and see what possible changes from i7/3900x and such. Also if I were to switch CPU, wouldn't I have to switch MOBOs, correct me if I am wrong. If so, what MOBO would you recommend to pair the intel CPU? 
    And thank you for the help. OwO 

• @TSTonyV , I do not know how to delete the other comments and mkay. Would it be worth to get i9-10900k or just for the sake of saving, just get i7-10700k? If I were to pair i9/i7 what CPU Cooler Fan should I pick, will the Thermaltake UX100 Universal should fine to pair w/ the i9/i7. 
    This will be mainly for gaming and VR. And I will keep MSI Z490-A Pro in mind.
    Again, thank you for the assistance and recommendations. If you have other recommendations for parts to switch out, I am up for any suggestions. 

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    CPUs tend to last longer than GPUs, relatively speaking. High end chips like the 3900X, 10700k, etc... I would expect to last ~5 years before you see significant performance degradation, but of course we don't really know until it happens.

For CPU coolers, you'll want something pretty beefy for CPUs like the 10700k and 3900X. That Thermaltake UX100 is designed for low-end chips that don't have really high heat and power draw and is about the same as the stock coolers that come with those anyway (Ryzen 3/5 and Intel i3 type processors). The Noctua NH-D15, NH-U12A and NH-U14S are all great air coolers that would pair well with the high end stuff, AIO liquid coolers like the Corsair H100i and EVGA Kraken X53 are good options as well. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99