(Closed) PC Build Showcase Contest – Enter to win $500 gift card!

JS_MC
JS_MC admin
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
edited December 2020 in Past Contests

Congratulations to our winners!

Share your PC Build Showcase and be entered into a contest for a chance to win a $500 Micro Center gift card.

Contest ends 11:59 pm ET on July 31st, 2020.
The winners will be drawn Monday, August 3rd, 2020

Here at Micro Center, we're always interested to see your custom PC builds. We want to know what went into your build, from how you chose your parts to how you're using your custom PC. We're running a contest until the end of July, where you could win up to a $500 Micro Center gift card, which you can use to upgrade and customize your build even more!

All you need to do is join this community forum and create a Build Showcase post with the following info:

1. Photos of your custom PC Build
  2. Description of your PC; Build Process, Upgrades, or parts you may change.
  3. List of all included parts

To be considered for entry in this contest:

·       The PC must be yours or a PC that you built

·       No duplicate entries, however, you may post multiple different PC builds to the  Showcase

·       Submission must be posted to the PC Build Showcase. (Forum submissions will not be considered)

·       Submissions must be approved by Micro Center before being published and accepted as a contest entry

Follow these simple steps to submit your PC Build Showcase:

Step 1. Visit the Build Showcase and  Select "Submit Now"

Step 2. Select "Create New Build" and share the details of your creation!

Step 3. Fill out the build submission form, then select "save", then select "publish" to submit your build for approval.

Grand prize winner will be randomly selected and win a $500 Micro Center gift card. 3 second-place winners will also be randomly selected and each wins a $50 Micro Center gift card.

See attached contest terms and conditions.

Comments

• I already have a build in the PC Build Showcase. Can it still be entered into the sweepstakes?
  • Unfortunately, previously posted builds will not qualify for this contest. Only new or upgraded builds posted to the showcase between 7/6/20-7/31/20 will count as entries. So, if you make an upgrade to your PC and resubmit by 7/31/20, then the new submission would be entered into the contest.
  • I don't see anything in the rules excluding my museum-piece of a rig which hasn't seen an upgrade since 2008! Lol
  • Can I post a pic of my laptop with a fan mount I added to the screen?  (It blows on the keyboard preventing my fingers from being cooked while i game.)
  • I don't see anything in the rules excluding my museum-piece of a rig which hasn't seen an upgrade since 2008! Lol
      You're right, and we'd love to see it. Sounds like you're soon due for an upgrade. :smile: What do you think you'll upgrade first?
  • Can I post a pic of my laptop with a fan mount I added to the screen?  (It blows on the keyboard preventing my fingers from being cooked while i game.)

You are more than welcome to post a picture of your setup in our General forum! That sounds like quite the solution to staying cool while gaming. However, it does not meet the requirements to be entered in this contest.
  • What if I have a build that's old enough that the parts are not in Micro Center's website anymore?  If I try adding a non-listed part, it wants a valid price of the part and I do not have that information any longer.
  • MightyMayfield
    MightyMayfield ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2020
    What if I have a build that's old enough that the parts are not in Micro Center's website anymore?  If I try adding a non-listed part, it wants a valid price of the part and I do not have that information any longer.
    This was my issue last time with this contest as well. I have a z390 aorus xtreme (bought from MC) and it is no longer carried. Boo. (Just a passerby, no real knowledge on how the contest works)
  • What if I have a build that's old enough that the parts are not in Micro Center's website anymore?  If I try adding a non-listed part, it wants a valid price of the part and I do not have that information any longer.

Great question! You can manually add archived or custom parts. In the example below, I've added an Intel i7-7700K by typing in the "Select CPU" field. Since my part is not listed I then selected "Add Intel Core i7" as seen below in red.
    Once you've added your part, you can adjust the price to correctly list what you paid.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.
  • Iquit040
    Iquit040
    First Comment
    edited July 2020
    I posted my build through the process listed above, it was approved, and is live, but not showing in the build showcase for some reason?  My Build
  • Iquit040 said:
    I posted my build through the process listed above, it was approved, and is live, but not showing in the build showcase for some reason?  My Build

It looks like your submission was still being processed. I do see your build on the showcase now! Please let me know if you're still not seeing it on your end because more people need to see it! Your twins look amazing together and apart. Amazing builds! 👍
  • BanHamAR said:
    Entered! 

Nice! Good luck!
  • Nice, I have entered , hope people like my build.
  • I entered my slightly-dated but still respectable i5-8400 and Geforce 1650 based computer. It's still overkill for most of my needs. I could upgrade to an i7-9700k or a faster graphics card even though what I currently use my computer for doesn't even use the capabilities that it currently has.
  • @Wizardofki Thanks for sharing your build on our showcase! It sounds like you've got a great idea for your future upgrades. Best of luck!
  • submitted mine as well! Hope it’s good :). Anyone know when the contest is over ?
  • The contest was over July 31, the winners will be drawn today
  • InternetFreak
    edited August 2020
    Perhaps I am not aware of where to navigate to. Where can I see the winners? 
  • where are the winners announced

• Winners have been selected and will be contacted within 24 hours! Be sure to check back on this thread and the comments on your build showcase post. 
  • mmiller2 said:
    Winners have been selected and will be contacted within 24 hours! Be sure to check back on this thread and the comments on your build showcase post. 
    Was this completely random ? From what I read on the rules and how things are worded, it sounds like there was no voting or polling for choosing the winners.
  • Iquit040 said:
    mmiller2 said:
    Winners have been selected and will be contacted within 24 hours! Be sure to check back on this thread and the comments on your build showcase post. 
    Was this completely random ? From what I read on the rules and how things are worded, it sounds like there was no voting or polling for choosing the winners.
    Yes, the winners were randomly selected!
  • mmiller2 said:
    Iquit040 said:
    mmiller2 said:
    Think myself and a few of the people who submitted their builds, would appreciate a contest that could allow votes on build quality / work / effort. Not complaining about the chance we all had at the "randomly selected" chance at the gift cards, but might as well just had made it submit name and e-mail for that vs custom build. I have seen quite a bit of unique builds posted that definitely took some time, work, planning, and money. 
  • Iquit040 said:
    mmiller2 said:
    Iquit040 said:
    mmiller2 said:
    Think myself and a few of the people who submitted their builds, would appreciate a contest that could allow votes on build quality / work / effort. Not complaining about the chance we all had at the "randomly selected" chance at the gift cards, but might as well just had made it submit name and e-mail for that vs custom build. I have seen quite a bit of unique builds posted that definitely took some time, work, planning, and money. 

I concur with the voting system. Random, with multiple entries allowed is rather pointless. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Iquit040 said:
    mmiller2 said:
    Iquit040 said:
    mmiller2 said:
    NYPC said:
    Iquit040 said:
    mmiller2 said:
    Iquit040 said:
    mmiller2 said:

I concur with the voting system. Random, with multiple entries allowed is rather pointless. 
    We have had previous contests where people can vote on their favorite builds with the Build Bracket Championship run back in May, so there may be contests like that again in the future. Thanks for the feedback!
  • not sure if i entered correctly or how to check if I did here is my build
    https://www.microcenter.com/buildpost/2061/shatter-point

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99