Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. I've never built a PC before and am looking for any helpful tips! I'm on a budget of at least under or equal to $1000. It'll be mainly a gaming PC! I usually play Apex Legends and that is what I would primarily play on this PC. Any and all help is greatly appreciated :)  https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-intel.aspx?load=65e99785-506d-462c-bed2-492c03d9edfa

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Right off the bat there's a few things on there that we can get rid of to save money, like that EVGA liquid cooler. A cooler like that is unnecessary for a CPU like the 9100f and you already added in another CPU cooler anyway. The case also doesn't have an optical drive slot, and really an optical drive is mostly unnecessary these days unless there's specific software that you have to load via DVD. The capture card is also a little confusing, did you add that for a specific reason? The one you put in there is really for recording things off older devices like DVD players or VCRs that connect with the composite cables. having two separate SSDs is also unnecessary. Same for that wireless router, it's not necessary and doesn't actually enable your computer to connect wirlessly. You should look for a motherboard with wifi built in (I assume you have internet in your home already). 

Taking ALL that into consideration, we've freed up a lot of cost to get some nice upgrades. 

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-intel.aspx?load=7f5310be-8c72-461e-af2f-de489a98048e

We instead opt for the Ryzen 3 3300X + a B450 motherboard that includes wifi, and can go with a GTX 1660 Super for the video card, and can throw in a kit of DDR4-3200 memory. Depending on availability you can also look at the Ryzen 3 3100 or Ryzen 5 3600. 

If you're concerned about running up against your budget or the extra cost of Windows, you can always go with a GTX 1650 Super instead to free up a little more cost. 

• TSTonyV said:
    Right off the bat there's a few things on there that we can get rid of to save money, like that EVGA liquid cooler. A cooler like that is unnecessary for a CPU like the 9100f and you already added in another CPU cooler anyway. The case also doesn't have an optical drive slot, and really an optical drive is mostly unnecessary these days unless there's specific software that you have to load via DVD. The capture card is also a little confusing, did you add that for a specific reason? The one you put in there is really for recording things off older devices like DVD players or VCRs that connect with the composite cables. having two separate SSDs is also unnecessary. Same for that wireless router, it's not necessary and doesn't actually enable your computer to connect wirlessly. You should look for a motherboard with wifi built in (I assume you have internet in your home already). 

Taking ALL that into consideration, we've freed up a lot of cost to get some nice upgrades. 

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-intel.aspx?load=7f5310be-8c72-461e-af2f-de489a98048e

We instead opt for the Ryzen 3 3300X + a B450 motherboard that includes wifi, and can go with a GTX 1660 Super for the video card, and can throw in a kit of DDR4-3200 memory. Depending on availability you can also look at the Ryzen 3 3100 or Ryzen 5 3600. 

If you're concerned about running up against your budget or the extra cost of Windows, you can always go with a GTX 1650 Super instead to free up a little more cost. 

Wow thank you this has helped me so much and I really appreciate it! I'm very new to learning about PC's and how to build them and everything so my research was probably a little rough in choosing the different parts and everything and trying to discern what was necessary and what was not. Your edits to the build make it look a lot better for sure! I'll look into the GTX 1650compared to Windows and try to make a decision there. Again, thank you so much for your suggestions and your help and explaining the different choices and everything!
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Of course! Let us know if you have any other questions. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99