What happens is my psu breaks down and takes some components with it??

This is my psu- https://www.microcenter.com/product/485311/powerspec-550-watt-80-plus-bronze-atx-non-modular-power-supply
I was on a LinusTechTips forum and they were saying how the psu I bought was a cheap d tier psu that can potentially wear down and take my components with them as well as cause some degradation to them. I was wondering, if my psu fries itself and takes some components with it, if all my components are still in warranty (just bought my pc parts a month ago) will the warranty cover the pc parts?? Or will I have to buy the protection warranty for that??

Comments

• Hello @BlazerBuddy

With the 80 Plus rating, any part that is damaged by the power supply will be covered by the manufacturer.  This applies to any power supply that is listed as "80+".  Since we are the manufacturer of the PSU, we will take care of any parts damaged by that power supply.  
  • Hello @BlazerBuddy

With the 80 Plus rating, any part that is damaged by the power supply will be covered by the manufacturer.  This applies to any power supply that is listed as "80+".  Since we are the manufacturer of the PSU, we will take care of any parts damaged by that power supply.  
    Okay good to know Thx!!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99