Is it possible to buy a protection plan on something you already have??

Options
Just like the question says, is it possible to buy the protection plan on a computer part I already bought and built with?? Would I have to take a pictures of the part to prove it is not already broken??

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    Greetings,

Yes, you can add a warranty for the duration of the return policy. If it's a plan that doesn't offer accidental damage protection, like on a PC part, then you should just need to bring in your receipt to purchase the warranty.
  • BlazerBuddy
    Options
    TSMikeW said:
    Greetings,

Yes, you can add a warranty for the duration of the return policy. If it's a plan that doesn't offer accidental damage protection, like on a PC part, then you should just need to bring in your receipt to purchase the warranty.
    Okay, what do you mean by “the duration of the return policy”?? I bought these parts a few months ago, so is it even possible anymore since I am out of the 30 day return policy??
  • JS_MC
    Options
    TSMikeW said:
    Greetings,

Okay, what do you mean by “the duration of the return policy”?? I bought these parts a few months ago, so is it even possible anymore since I am out of the 30 day return policy??
    Adding a protection plan to a device would only be possible during the 30 day return period. @TSMikeW used the term "duration of return policy" due to certain devices only having a 15 day return period. Since you mentioned that your items were purchased a few months ago, that would be outside that period and you wouldn't be able to purchase a protection plan for the parts.
  • TSKyleH
    Options
    TSMikeW said:
    Greetings,

Correct, as @LandShark, stated the protections plans need to be purchased within a products return policy. Since you are outside of that we would not be able to offer a protection plan at this time.
  • BlazerBuddy
    Options
    LandShark said:
    TSMikeW said:
    Greetings,

Adding a protection plan to a device would only be possible during the 30 day return period. @TSMikeW used the term "duration of return policy" due to certain devices only having a 15 day return period. Since you mentioned that your items were purchased a few months ago, that would be outside that period and you wouldn't be able to purchase a protection plan for the parts.
    Ahh I see, just wanted to know if it was even possible thx!
  • BlazerBuddy
    Options
    TSKyleH said:
    TSMikeW said:
    Greetings,

Correct, as @LandShark, stated the protections plans need to be purchased within a products return policy. Since you are outside of that we would not be able to offer a protection plan at this time.
    Okay, just wanted to know!!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99