Help with my set up (Ryzen 5 1500x, GTX 1050)

Options
 I have a ryzen 5 1500x, GTX 1050, 16 gb of memory at 2666mhz, I was wondering what should be the upgrades and if so to upgrade to what product since I do not want to bottleneck my GPU or CPU. I know these components are pretty oldish and idk if I should just buy it all fresh (besides memory) or buy a new graphics card which wouldn't bottle neck (Just wondering so I can save) Thanks if you read all of this!!

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hi @BoraBora. I think that your choices for upgrades would depend on your budget and what you plan to do with said upgrades.
    So, what's your budget and what games do you typically play?
  • BoraBora
    Options
    LandShark said:
    Hi @BoraBora. I think that your choices for upgrades would depend on your budget and what you plan to do with said upgrades.
    So, what's your budget and what games do you typically play?
    I usually play either Valorant csgo or what I tried to get into which is modern warfare but 2gb of gpu isn't enough and I've been trying to get into new triple a titles but I do have a 144hz monitor so I do want to gain 144hz and since I am in Australia prices are a bit different but I roughly have $500 AUD, i have been looking at like either 5600xt or 2060 as they are both similar and idm with brands and or design and for the gpu idk i would most likely get a ryzen 7 or something.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Hmm, I think you've got the right idea. Upgrading your GPU will be the easiest at this point, however, you may experience some bottleneck due to the age of the CPU. Even so, I'd recommend a GPU upgrade first. You could then upgrade your CPU. If you plan to upgrade your CPU, that will also mean that you'll need to upgrade your motherboard to one that is compatible with the new CPU. Both the 5600XT and the 2060 are solid cards, definitely. I'm not sure what the GPU market looks like in Australia but I might recommend waiting a bit for the new RTX cards to enter the market or even the soon to be announced GPU from AMD.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99