Get a Custom PC Built the Same Day!

This discussion has a more recent version.
JS_MC
JS_MC admin
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
edited September 2021 in PC Build Guides

If you’re looking for a new computer that’s perfect for your needs, whether it’s for gaming, working/learning from home, or business needs, Micro Center is here for you with our Same Day Build Service!

We can build an air-cooled or water-cooled with an all-in-one cooler and have it ready the same day if ordered at least 4 hours before the store closes!

To get started, you can pick out the PC parts using our Custom PC Builder, select the Pro Assembly option, and pay for it online. One of our build technicians will assemble your custom PC, then contact you once it’s ready for pick up. We’ve made the process super simple for you.

We also build custom water-cooled PCs with soft or hard tubing, but those are usually multi-day projects and require an in-store consultation with one of our build technicians to work out the details with you.

We offer five tiers of custom PC build service, depending on the build’s complexity, ranging from the standard air-cooled build Tier 1 through to Tier 5, a fully customized open loop PC with hard tubing. More info on the tiers are as follows:

Comments

• We offer five tiers of custom PC build service, depending on the build’s complexity, ranging from the standard air-cooled build Tier 1 through to Tier 5, a fully customized open loop PC with hard tubing. More info on the tiers are as follows:

Tier 1: Basic Build without the Operating System

Choose Tier 1 service to build an air-cooled PC that meets your speed, performance, and storage needs. All you need to do is install the operating system of your choice, and you will be good to go.

Tier 1 Components

• CPU and CPU fan

• Motherboard

• RAM

• Graphics card

• SSD or hard disk drive

• Power supply unit

• Case

Tier 1 also covers installing these optional components: additional fans, additional drives, WiFi cards, and video capture cards.

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    edited October 2020

Tier 2: Ready to Work

Tier 2 is our most popular custom build service. A certified technician will build your air-cooled PC with the components you purchase and install your Windows Operating System for you. You will leave the store with a machine that is ready to work.

Tier 2 Components

• CPU and CPU fan

• Motherboard

• RAM

• Graphics card

• SSD or hard disk drive

• Power supply unit

• Case

• Windows Operating System

• Hardware drivers

Tier 2 also covers the installation of these optional components: additional fans, additional drives, WiFi cards, and video capture cards.

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    edited October 2020

Tier 3: Closed Loop Water Cooling

Tier 3 service constructs an all-in-one liquid-cooled system for quieter computing. The added cooling boosts performance for faster streaming video, content creation, 3D modeling, and more.

Tier 3 Components

• CPU

• Motherboard

• RAM

• Graphics card

• SSD or hard disk drive

• Power supply unit

• Custom water cooling compatible case

• Hardware drivers

• All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler

• Water block(s)

• Soft tubing

• Tubing fittings

• Radiator(s) and fans

Tier 3 also covers the installation of these optional components: additional fans, additional drives, WiFi cards, video capture cards.

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    edited October 2020

Tier 4: Soft Tube Liquid Cooling

Tier 4 is a custom build of a soft tube liquid-cooled computer with up to two water blocks, a single reservoir, and the operating system’s installation. This service is for individuals, gamers, businesses, governments, and schools looking for next-level soft tube liquid-cooled computing.

Tier 4 Components

• CPU

• Motherboard

• RAM

• Graphics card

• SSD or hard disk drive

• Power supply unit

• Hardware drivers

• Pump

• Reservoir

• Water block(s)

• Soft tubing

• Tubing fittings

• Radiator(s) and fans

• Coolant reservoir

• Coolant

Tier 4 also covers the installation of these optional components: additional fans, additional drives, WiFi cards, video capture cards.

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    edited October 2020

Tier 5: Custom Hard Tube Liquid Cooling

It’s time to create your masterpiece. Every Tier 5 is different and built to exceed your expectations. No two builds are alike with our custom, hand-bent, hard tubing service. Tier 5 builds include up to two water blocks and a single reservoir. This level is best suited for enthusiast gamers or anyone who wants a high-performance machine with the looks to match.

Tier 5 Components

• CPU

• Motherboard

• RAM

• Graphics card

• SSD or hard disk drive

• Power supply unit

• Hardware drivers

• Pump

• Water block(s)

• Hard tubing

• Tubing fittings

• Radiator(s) and fans

• Coolant reservoir

• Coolant

Tier 5 also covers the installation of these optional components: additional video card, additional fans, additional drives, WiFi cards, video capture cards.

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    edited October 2020

The Micro Center Advantage

Because builds are done at the Knowledge Bar within the store, we have the entire store with thousands of components to choose from if any changes are needed.

We want to give you a positive and memorable experience with our turnkey custom PC building solution. We save you time and hassle by ensuring you get a thoroughly tested and working PC that’s assembled by one of our trained and experienced Build Technicians.

At Micro Center, we’ve built thousands of PCs and know all the ins and outs of compatibility, fitment, accessory choice, cable routing, fan placement, and BIOS configuration. We make sure the system is good to go when you pick it up. 

We offer a 90-day labor warranty; if you’re not happy, we’ll make it right.

Get Your Custom PC Same Day

Use the Custom PC Builder to help you pick out the parts that fit your needs and budget, then select the Pro Assembly option to have us build it for you and pick it up the same day!

Please talk to a sales associate for larger business orders!

• Wow, I wonder if they have the new AMD Ryzen 5000 series CPU's?  if they do, I wonder why we just cant get the CPU? Hmmm...
  • What do you mean? Looks like they are sold out based on website and comments from the admins. 
  • Hey @Intermatrix I too am confused by your comment. Could you help me better understand what you mean?
    We're currently sold out of the AMD 5000 series CPUs. If you were to purchase one, we could build a system for you around that CPU.
    Hope that answers your question.
  • I want to order and have you build it, but there are no video cards available that I can select to complete the ordering process. What are my options? I was going for a Ryzen 7 on Gigabyte B550 motherboard from your Houston store.

• @jones2126 just chiming in. GPUs are hard to come by right now as there is a shortage. Are you asking how you obtain a video card during the shortage or are you asking what would be the best GPU for your board and cpu once you are able to get a card?

• If I decided to bring in parts to be assembled into a pc, some where bought at Microcenter and others elsewhere, would all the packaging, etc from the boxes be returned in the boxes that they came in?

I like to keep all the bags, unused parts like screws, etc., in the same box that they came out of. For example, the box the case came in would have all the packaging and unused screws, etc. back in it when I picked up the build pc?

The price would be $200, if I brought in my purchased copy of Windows 10? But could be more for some reason? Would know find out the total cost until after the build was done? Or just $150 if I wanted to install it at home?

• Vaganza
    Vaganza ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls 5 LOLs

I remember building 8 tier 3 in one day. That was crazy fun.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99