Ryzen 5000 series

Options
2»

Comments

• bardolio
    Options
    bardolio said:
    So i'm new here but I live about 2 hours from the nearest Microcenter in Cambridge, MA. I just cancelled my preorder with B&H for this processor after they told me it would be March 2021 before my order was fulfilled. I REFUSE to interact with scalpers. So please, is there a good day I can show up at 9 AM or do I have to repeatedly drive 4 hours over a period of days to acquire a processor?
    imin weymouth i have to go a good hour each way to get to the cambridge store, and if you do go, id recommend going 4 to 5 hours prior to open and waiting  for it to open, there has been lines and none to go around. 
    So optimally I would dedicate 8 hours a day to the task... over the course of days... in winter... driving 2 hours at 2 AM in the morning. And I'm not getting paid?

• PotterPlays
    Options
    Sadly due to high demand thats probably best case scenario.  BUT I'd rather spend 1 full day getting p.c. parts / equipment and be done with it vs waiting till next years March to get 1 part.
  • I find it very hard to believe that Micro Center and other stores cannot be transparent in the availability on these items.  If it stems from AMD, these resellers are doing their customers a disservice by not pressuring AMD into being open and honest about the process.  It is next to impossible that purchasers in a company like Micro Center have no idea when and what number of processors they are getting on any given day.  Perhaps they WANT the foot traffic and that is why they put customers through such a farce.  Micro Center:  Do the right thing for your customers and increase the transparency of this process!  
  • Georgia_Y
    Georgia_Y
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    MC is starting to lose favor with me.  The site shows inventory this morning.  Starts out with a quantity of 8 for the 5600X.  Starts to slowly trickle down, but looks good enough to venture out.  Arrive at the store after a 40 minute drive to find out that they played the voucher game again.  Why in the world are you issuing vouchers for the products to sit on the shelves without being purchased?  Why does the site not reflect that and have people waste time?  The lesson learned here is that MC is not to be trusted.

The best part is the eBay listings for the 5000x processors where they are within a few minutes of this MC.  Basically the scalpers are lining up and then selling them say day at 2x the retail price.
  • Intermatrix
    Options
    We are in the "Information Age" yet we Customers get told "I don't have that Information" or "keep checking the website"  Really?  I know there has to be a DATA base Somewhere that says How many of each CPU is on hand or being delivered.  As a matter of Fact, Someone had to "Order" these CPU`s and Knows exactly how many are on the way and more or less when they will be delivered.  Saying "I don't know" is just Lying to our face.   This is Unacceptable Behavior.  Honesty is Always the Best Policy.  At this Point whichever retailer wants to work with me 1st will get my business, after which I will Inform everyone.
  • Intermatrix
    Options
    Wow..  I sent an email to Noctua asking when they are going to have a Certain case fan available and guess what they did?     They did Not say "I don't know" or "Keep checking the website"  They sent me a list with ALL of their Products Being released and when for the next 12 Months.  Now that is Customer Service..
  • JS_MC
    Options
    I find it very hard to believe that Micro Center and other stores cannot be transparent in the availability on these items.  If it stems from AMD, these resellers are doing their customers a disservice by not pressuring AMD into being open and honest about the process.  It is next to impossible that purchasers in a company like Micro Center have no idea when and what number of processors they are getting on any given day.  Perhaps they WANT the foot traffic and that is why they put customers through such a farce.  Micro Center:  Do the right thing for your customers and increase the transparency of this process!  
    The current issue is that we can't keep inventory long enough for it to even make it to the shelf right now. Demand for these processors is so high that people are waiting in line before the store opens to get a voucher. It's not just that we don't know how many we'll be receiving, we also don't know when. We're taking measures to expidite the process for us to receive these new CPUs, getting them drop shipped directly from AMD in some cases.

Georgia_Y said:
    MC is starting to lose favor with me.  The site shows inventory this morning.  Starts out with a quantity of 8 for the 5600X.  Starts to slowly trickle down, but looks good enough to venture out.  Arrive at the store after a 40 minute drive to find out that they played the voucher game again.  Why in the world are you issuing vouchers for the products to sit on the shelves without being purchased?  Why does the site not reflect that and have people waste time?  The lesson learned here is that MC is not to be trusted.

The best part is the eBay listings for the 5000x processors where they are within a few minutes of this MC.  Basically the scalpers are lining up and then selling them say day at 2x the retail price.
    Could you send me a DM with more info on this? Because of the voucher system we put in place for this launch we have listed these items as "Limited Availability." The vouchers do expire mid-day, the same day they are given out and I can assure you they are not just sitting on the shelf without being purchased.

We are in the "Information Age" yet we Customers get told "I don't have that Information" or "keep checking the website"  Really?  I know there has to be a DATA base Somewhere that says How many of each CPU is on hand or being delivered.  As a matter of Fact, Someone had to "Order" these CPU`s and Knows exactly how many are on the way and more or less when they will be delivered.  Saying "I don't know" is just Lying to our face.   This is Unacceptable Behavior.  Honesty is Always the Best Policy.  At this Point whichever retailer wants to work with me 1st will get my business, after which I will Inform everyone.

Hey, @Intermatrix I understand your frustration here, and I wish that I had better answers for you. What I can tell you is that Micro Center has ordered many of these CPUs and we're expecting to receive them. Unfortunately, due to the high demand, we are selling out of these products as soon as we receive them. Saying that we don't know is anything but a lie, as we don't know exactly when we will receive more stock.
    While I'm glad to hear that you were able to get information on the upcoming release of Noctua fans, I don't think that is comparable to the situation here. Unless these Noctua fans are sold out upon release and we have to wait for restock. If that were the case, I think the experience would be quite similar. Again, I get where you're coming from, as I want these items too. If you're able to go to the store to see if we received a shipment in the morning, that's what I'd recommend doing. Though I can't promise that you'll get what you're looking for that way. If that's not an option for you, I'd recommend keeping an eye on our website and waiting for our stock to normalize a bit.
  • Geeky1
    Geeky1 ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Georgia_Y said:

What does the voucher say?
    When I was at the store, I asked them if they had a waiting list I could be put on so when stock showed up they would hold stock for those on the waiting list and notify them their product was ready to be picked up, but they said they would not do that. That would be a fair system for those who went to the store to buy the product. Like a rain check, but them maintaining a list, 1st on 1st notified an served. Otherwise they are just screwing the customer asking them to keep wasting time and gas driving to the store when there is no product and soon the customer is no longer a customer out of frustration. MC needs to learn customer service is everything in retail otherwise they fail and go out of business.

• Redhwan
    Redhwan
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hello, just had a question. I saw that you had GPUs available this week and the numbers were slowly decreasing throughout the day. Have stocks normalized and are you expecting more stock in the coming week? Moreover, do you still have a voucher system in place? I live about 60 miles away and this seems to be my best bet at getting one of these units as the final addition to my build. Love the work and the frequent responses, it shows that you guys care.
  • MattMass
    MattMass
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi @LandShark what’s a customers best chance to get one of these? I’ve tried calling/texting the Cambridge location when the website showed 10+ inventory but the salespeople say they will only check if anything is on the shelves when you visit the store. My 4th time visiting since launch a salesperson told me if it wasn’t on the shelf it wasn’t in store. What’s the harm to say no over the phone to save customers a trip?
  • JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi @MattMass. When you call one of our stores, it rings through to our national call center located at our corporate headquarters. Due to the high demand for these products, we're not able to keep them on the shelves long enough for us to check the stock.  Typically these products are selling out within minutes of the store opening. In some cases, the website may show some limited availability of an item. This is due to the use of vouchers. We are passing out vouchers to those who are in line to ensure a safe shopping experience and to be sure that they can get the item they waited for if we have it available.
    I hope this info helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99