Powerspec G467

Options
I purchased the Powerspec G467 a few weeks ago.  This system features the Asus TUF RTX 3080.  Unfortunately, the case chosen is poorly ventilated.  The front is completely solid with some small vents on the side.  Everyone knows the RTX 30 series cards run hot.  Needless to say, after about 3 to 3.5 hrs of gaming, the system crashes every time.  The side of the case next to the GPU is VERY hot to the touch.  I haven't yet used MSI's Afterburner to adjust the fan curves, but aside from that, any tips on getting this thing cooler or improving the air intake?  There doesn't seem to be hot air flowing out either, it's like the poor intake is just keeping the hot air trapped, cooking the GPU.  For the money this system cost, you think Microcenter would have used a well ventilated case.

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @JamesHatesEverything

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community!  The specific build for this Powerspec has been tested thoroughly and hasn't seen thermal issues that would cause it to crash.  When you are feeling for air exhausting out, you are feeling from the top of the build?  The air should be exhausting out through the radiator.  Can you also monitor the temps and tell us what temps you are seeing?  
  • MattyDubs
    MattyDubs
    First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Options
    My temps on my G467 are at 83-85 when playing Overwatch. Sitting here (just this site, task manager and Discord) right now I'm at 58-60. Rocket League shoots it up to 83 in MENU not even in game play. So needless to say, I'm in the same boat and have now reached out via text, email, chat and phone. Decided to come here to see if anyone else had the issue. Mine has the ASUS TUF 3080 and has very good air flow in every direction. 
  • TS_EmileC
    Options
    Hello @MattyDubs. Thank you for this input. I'll report this to our Quality Team and see if this issue is a trend on the system.
  • WesJ
    Options
    I'm late to the discussion, but I recently got the G467 and was seeing similar issues with GPU heat (though mine has the MSI 3080 Ventus, not the TUF). I was able to resolve it with some relatively simple fixes:
    1. Installed rear exhaust fan. This alone helped a bunch.
    2. Undervolted GPU (not enough for any noticeable performance loss, but definitely cooled things down)
    3. Set more aggressive GPU fan curve
    I went from the GPU running at low 80s to low-mid 60s under load. Hope this can be of help to others!
  • whfolsom4
    Options
    Could it be a poorly cooled card or disconnected fan?  I got the G467 with the 3080 TUF and I've had absolutely no issues with 4k gaming for hours at 70 degrees.  Also, I've seen people complain about lack of a rear exhaust but with the AIO cooler on the CPU it hasn't been an issue for me.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99