Launch day products...Voucher? Reservation? Luck of the draw?

Waffler
Waffler ✭✭
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Like many I’m sure, I have my eye on a 3060 Ti when it drops *probably* on Dec 2. Will those products show up online by a certain time or do I just hope for the best and show up in person? How does one go about securing a voucher? How can I tell you guys exactly which brand and model I want to get?

Comments

• I was there for the 6800 XT drops on the 18th. All you can do is camp out at the store in line. When I went, they didn’t know how many cards they had until the morning of the 18th. They came out and said they had 12 cards and gave the vouchers to the first 12 people in line. That’s how it goes. So it just depends on how much time you have to waste on staying in line/camping out. For when I went, at least some of the people in that first 12 had been there since Sunday! 
  • Neoson said:
    I was there for the 6800 XT drops on the 18th. All you can do is camp out at the store in line. When I went, they didn’t know how many cards they had until the morning of the 18th. They came out and said they had 12 cards and gave the vouchers to the first 12 people in line. That’s how it goes. So it just depends on how much time you have to waste on staying in line/camping out. For when I went, at least some of the people in that first 12 had been there since Sunday! 

Ugh...thanks. Looks like I'll just sit tight until there's stock and it won't disappear in minutes. Probably just as well, cash flow should be better for me by then.
    (Unless COVID Stimulus #2 actually happens, then I'll jump on it sooner!)
  • Yeah...I was there too. I got the 6800... Missed out on the 6800XT. Do we know if they're still getting some since then?
  • Yeah...I was there too. I got the 6800... Missed out on the 6800XT. Do we know if they're still getting some since then?

No idea, but I've been reading that the 25th is the next expected drop date for a bunch of cards. If that's so, expect them to disappear in minutes again. NVIDIA put out a statement saying they don't expect supply to catch up with demand until 2021.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99