Any news on the new ASUS Rog Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard?

Hey, so two new zen 3 ready motherboards were announced early this morning and I can't find much else about it besides the announcement and the fact at the bottom of the announcement it says to contact a "local asus rep" for more info on pricing and availability. Anyone here know anything about it?

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    I know we don't have anything official about these, but the other Crosshair boards are all generally pretty darn good and I would expect this board to also be pretty good. 

Gamers Nexus/Buildzoid will probably do an overview of the board layout covering stuff like VRMs and memory topology, I'd definitely keep an eye out for that. 
  • Hello, 
    Any updates on this mother board? Will it be released on the same day with Ryzen 5000 cpu in store?

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think we have an official release date yet. We have to wait on ASUS for that. My guess is it'll release along with Zen3 on Nov. 5th but unless ASUS officially confirms that we don't know for sure. 
  • zen
    zen
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    I can confirm that although the zen 3 processors have been released, this motherboard is still NOT for sale, I have contacted asus representatives and none of them know anything about this motherboard.  It is also entirely unavailable anywhere online.
  • zen said:
    I can confirm that although the zen 3 processors have been released, this motherboard is still NOT for sale, I have contacted asus representatives and none of them know anything about this motherboard.  It is also entirely unavailable anywhere online.

I heard sometime during release week or next week, we'll have to see. Hopefully soon.
  • Yeah I cant wait for when reviews come out on this board, the reason im interested in it is for the specific PBO overclocking features that the normal Crosshair Viii Hero. Both are super insane board, one just makes a little more sense if you want to overclock for gaming benefits aka boosting the multi-core clock while not turning off PBO so you can still get the PBO single core boost.

@TSTonyV Would you happen to know after these launch on newegg an amazon when your 747 Bethel Road-Olentangy Plaza-Columbus, OH 43214 location would be getting some instock, I cant imagine you would be getting a whole lot of these but I wouldn't know? Or do you think this would be something id have to just check in on every few days or so?

Thanks for any help, hope youre having a great day!

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I cant wait for when reviews come out on this board, the reason im interested in it is for the specific PBO overclocking features that the normal Crosshair Viii Hero. Both are super insane board, one just makes a little more sense if you want to overclock for gaming benefits aka boosting the multi-core clock while not turning off PBO so you can still get the PBO single core boost.

@TSTonyV Would you happen to know after these launch on newegg an amazon when your 747 Bethel Road-Olentangy Plaza-Columbus, OH 43214 location would be getting some instock, I cant imagine you would be getting a whole lot of these but I wouldn't know? Or do you think this would be something id have to just check in on every few days or so?

Thanks for any help, hope youre having a great day!
    We've always had a good assortment of ASUS boards so I assume we'd probably have them launch day? But I'm not sure, motherboards aren't exactly the same as CPU launches. If we have them they should be listed online. I'd check on launch day and if it's not there, check back in the mornings when the store opens. 
  • So there's still no solid word on a release date for this motherboard? Ugh, I managed to get a 5900x from Microcenter on launch day and finally got in an order for an EVGA RTX 3080FTW3 Ultra and all I am waiting for now to finish my build is this motherboard. Is the most accurate information at this point still "sometime this week"? I don't get why the release date for this motherboard is so vague currently. Especially if it is supposed to come out in a couple of days. It appears that Microcenter is completely sold out of the original ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VIII x570 motherboard at basically every single one of their stores now. So hopefully this is because they are going to be replacing them with the Crosshair Dark Hero?  @TSTonyV Do you have any idea whether it will be in-store only or whether we will be able to reserve it online and pick it up in person? 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH777 said:
    So there's still no solid word on a release date for this motherboard? Ugh, I managed to get a 5900x from Microcenter on launch day and finally got in an order for an EVGA RTX 3080FTW3 Ultra and all I am waiting for now to finish my build is this motherboard. Is the most accurate information at this point still "sometime this week"? I don't get why the release date for this motherboard is so vague currently. Especially if it is supposed to come out in a couple of days. It appears that Microcenter is completely sold out of the original ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VIII x570 motherboard at basically every single one of their stores now. So hopefully this is because they are going to be replacing them with the Crosshair Dark Hero?  @TSTonyV Do you have any idea whether it will be in-store only or whether we will be able to reserve it online and pick it up in person? 
     I don't think motherboard releases are treated the same as CPU/GPU releases so it may be available for reservation from the get go, but I don't know for sure. 
  • TSTonyV said:
    SMH777 said:
    So there's still no solid word on a release date for this motherboard? Ugh, I managed to get a 5900x from Microcenter on launch day and finally got in an order for an EVGA RTX 3080FTW3 Ultra and all I am waiting for now to finish my build is this motherboard. Is the most accurate information at this point still "sometime this week"? I don't get why the release date for this motherboard is so vague currently. Especially if it is supposed to come out in a couple of days. It appears that Microcenter is completely sold out of the original ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VIII x570 motherboard at basically every single one of their stores now. So hopefully this is because they are going to be replacing them with the Crosshair Dark Hero?  @TSTonyV Do you have any idea whether it will be in-store only or whether we will be able to reserve it online and pick it up in person? 
     I don't think motherboard releases are treated the same as CPU/GPU releases so it may be available for reservation from the get go, but I don't know for sure. 
    Gotcha. Thanks for the quick response. Do you have any idea whether or not you will be able to give us any sort of heads up before Microcenter starts stocking them? I know there are a lot of people who want these boards so of course if possible it would be great to get a heads up from the day before or something so I could be at Microcenter when it opens. I know you probably can't give us any information on a per-store basis, but would you be able to tell us when Microcenter as a company actually receives them? Thanks for your time. 
  • SMH777 said:
    TSTonyV said:
    SMH777 said:
    Gotcha. Thanks for the quick response. Do you have any idea whether or not you will be able to give us any sort of heads up before Microcenter starts stocking them? I know there are a lot of people who want these boards so of course if possible it would be great to get a heads up from the day before or something so I could be at Microcenter when it opens. I know you probably can't give us any information on a per-store basis, but would you be able to tell us when Microcenter as a company actually receives them? Thanks for your time. 
    We don't have a notification system for when we receive new products, however, our website is very accurate for when we receive new products. Once we have them we'll update our website with that information!
  • I saw where an Australian merchant expects stock on Dec 21st. I'm hoping Asus would be smarter and have them ready for the holiday season.
  • I spoke to an employee at the Houston Micro Center about the Dark Hero and he told me it was already out.  Can't remember the guy's name.
  • JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited November 2020
    @Ghost2651 He was correct. It has been released. However, I'm not seeing that we carry it at this time.

• @LandShark Is there any info on when we can possibly expect it on the website?  Thanks
  • @Ghost2651
    We do not have any further information at this time. You may want to check the website periodically. We will update it once it is available to purchase.
  • @Ghost2651
    We do not have any further information at this time. You may want to check the website periodically. We will update it once it is available to purchase.
    What about now? There's a listing for it on micro center.com can we expect it this coming week? Thanks for the replies btw
  • Are we able to purchase it through the website or is it gonna be first come first serve again?
  • Lunaxy said:
    @Ghost2651
    What about now? There's a listing for it on micro center.com can we expect it this coming week? Thanks for the replies btw
    Are you able to send me a link to the listing? I’m not able to find it
  • Alright so we have a product listing. At what point do we start camping?
  • molnizzle said:
    Alright so we have a product listing. At what point do we start camping?
    That listing been there for 2 days now so idk what’s going on 😐
  • molnizzle said:
    Alright so we have a product listing. At what point do we start camping?

Oh god, if people are actually going to start camping out for motherboards, I've lost all hope for humanity. We're going to be camping out for SSDs next.
  • I really would like to hear from someone working in micro center about this motherboard. Newegg and some other website has it and it’s on micro center’a website too, I also have seen someone selling it on ebay(more than 1 available, it’s already gone) so I’m confused that if this is already released or it’s still being stocked. Don’t really want to camp for it or it would be really crazy to do that for a motherboard!
  • Idk that microcenter listing that's incomplete has been here for a week now, no updates from MC about it. Ridiculous.
  • Can we get some info on when we should be expecting the dark hero to get to the micro center stores
  • Any news on if this board is going to be available at any micro center locations?
  • 5 Dark Heroes at St. Davids, PA store (4 after I bought one).  Arrived this morning
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99