VGA red light when I put 3080 vertical

Options
Hi, so I got the 3080 two day ago and I try to put the card vertical but the red vga led on the motherboard shows up but when i put it horizontal it work fine. I try put it vertical with my old gpu which is 1060 and it work fine but not the 3080 and clue why this happen?

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    If the VGA light on your motherboard is lighting up it means that the motherboard has identified a fault with the GPU. I'd recommend reseating the GPU. Make sure that the ribbon cable is properly seated in the motherboard and then properly connected with the 3080.  If you're still experiencing troubles, I'd recommend testing the GPU in the motherboard without the verticle mount. 
    Keep us posted!
  • ChickyBob221
    edited November 2020
    Options
    LandShark said:
    If the VGA light on your motherboard is lighting up it means that the motherboard has identified a fault with the GPU. I'd recommend reseating the GPU. Make sure that the ribbon cable is properly seated in the motherboard and then properly connected with the 3080.  If you're still experiencing troubles, I'd recommend testing the GPU in the motherboard without the verticle mount. 
    Keep us posted!
    yeah i did put horizontal and it works fine it just not the vertical idk why it works on the 1060 vertical but not the 3080. it only work horizontal for the 3080 not the vertical
  • TS_JosephF
    Options
    @ChickyBob221
    That is a bit strange. I would try using a different ribbon cable as that could potentially be the problem. I am seeing that others that had the issue were able to resolve it by changing the PCIe in the BIOS from Auto/4.0 to 3.0. Let us know if this solves the problem for you.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99