Unusual situation with Dell support - XPS 15 9500

Options
Brian_T
Brian_T
Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I have a rather unusual situation here that I am hoping to get a little guidance or maybe another option towards resolution. I was looking for a way to contact customer service directly, but I was unable to find one (or I accidentally overlooked it) so I'm posting here.

Long story short, I purchased a Dell XPS 15 9500 laptop back in July and it had the dreaded faulty touchpad out of the box. Instead of saddling Microcenter with this issue by returning/exchanging the laptop, I chose to have Dell replace the touchpad; this was a mistake. Parts were backordered for nearly 6 weeks and then the technician damaged my laptop during the touchpad replacement. This became waiting another 5 weeks through the process of trying to get a replacement. Now, a full 3 months later I'm still fighting with Dell on trying to get a laptop that doesn't have issues as the replacement laptop has touchpad issues AND the screen won't stay closed properly and I'm truly at a loss.

As an individual customer, I'm powerless against Dell's horrendous customer service, but perhaps as a partner Microcenter will have a little more leverage. This isn't Microcenter's fault, but I'm hoping that perhaps someone can help. If there is any way I can pay a restocking fee and purchase another laptop to get out of this horrible design flaw and QC nightmare, I would LOVE to be able to do that to continue supporting Microcenter and get away from Dell!

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options
    Hello @Brian_T thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. Just an FYI, our tech support is at 800-490-5536. Sorry you are having these issues. If you purchase the Dell laptop from us in July its still under warranty. You can bring it to the store, either we can repair it under the warranty unless is deemed non repairable; then we'll give you store credit for the amount you paid for the laptop to purchase another laptop from us. The return/exchange period is usually 60 days. Obviously you are outside the return period, but you can bring the laptop the store and speak with a Manager. They may be able to work with you. If you'd like we can request for a Store Manager to call you. Be aware it may take 2-4 days for a call, but if you can give us the reference number off the receipt on the July laptop purchase, we can forward this to a Manager.
  • Brian_T
    Options
    @TSTDavey - Thanks so much. Unfortunately I'm in Oregon and we don't have any Microcenter locations here, but I will call up the tech support line and see what they have to say and see if we can go from there. I'd be OK with sending this out if needed. I wasn't sure that the tech support line was truly the right number to call so I didn't want to burn someone's time by calling the wrong department. Since I ordered from the online store I don't know if that changes the manager that might be involved later down the line, but I'd love to chat on the phone with someone about this to see what their thoughts are.
  • TSTDavey
    Options
    @Brian_T call our tech support. They'll be able to help and/or send request to the Manager to call back. They might be able to call the store for a Manager as well. If need anything from us here on the MIcrocenter Community, just reply to this post. Take care.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99