New B745 Cant Install Dragon Center...please help

Options
pkodak
pkodak
First Comment
edited November 2023 in PowerSpec
Hi, I've read several message boards about this subject but still struggling.  My new B745  (purchased 12/28) has a Z490 motherboard.  Tried to download Dragon Center from the Z490 site and the link is blank for the recommended version.  When I download from MSI, the program fails to install saying it is blocked by firewall or antivirus.  I've gone in and given program permission to bypass the firewall--still no luck.  Very frustrated because I cannot control the computer's RGB lights without Dragon Center.  Mystic Lights will not install seperately.  Please advise.

Comments

• pkodak
    Options
    I fixed it.  MSI has a uninstall tool for Dragon Center 2.  Run the tool and delete SDK.  Then reinstall Dragon Center.  Windows Update has an SDK already installed that interferes with install of Dragon Center.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your solution!
  • Nshaw37911
    Options
    You're a genius! Took me so long to troubleshoot other solutions and this one worked perfectly. Thanks!
  • prs
    Options
    Can you provide a link to the uninstall tool?  And for the correct Dragon Center package?
  • Ian
    Options
    prs said:
    Can you provide a link to the uninstall tool?  And for the correct Dragon Center package?
    Looks like the tool is on the MSI forums:
    https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/msi-dragon-center-2-auto-removal-tool-log-generator-v1-0-0-6.328645/

Dragon Center can be downloaded at: https://www.msi.com/Landing/dragon-center-download/nb
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Here's another way that should help you work around it and install Dragon Center on this board. This is meant to be used on our Powerspec system, with a previous standalone Mystic Light install.

1. Copy the contents in the quote box below into notepad. Save, change the file type to "All Files". Name the file to <name>.bat. The name doesn't matter, I called mine MSIUninstall.bat.

2. Right click on your new batch file and "Run as Administrator". Shouldn't take more than 10-20 seconds to run. The command prompt will close when it's done.

3. Open the start menu, right click on Dragon Center and "Run as administrator" as you're originally instructed to do. Should install the MSI SDK correctly this time, after a few minutes and run normally. No restart required.
    @echo off

taskkill /f /im msi_companion_service.exe

taskkill /f /im LEDKeeper2.exe

taskkill /f /im LightKeeperService.exe

MsiExec.exe /I{1745D314-9077-46C9-8562-1C62BAE189B7}

MsiExec.exe /I{2B8E611F-0B51-4FAC-87BB-AF50D82E7DDA}

MsiExec.exe /I{37A48B7F-D4EA-4863-844E-A284E2AA3C5D}

MsiExec.exe /I{9E97178A-ADB8-4778-BE60-7E28E2A72721}

MsiExec.exe /I{BDE43F26-5917-44F8-B86A-F1D9A6B80B32}

FOR /f "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Mystic_Light\unins*.exe"') DO "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Mystic_Light\%%G" /silent

FOR /f "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Nahimic\unins*.exe"') DO "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Nahimic\%%G" /silent

FOR /f "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Support\unins*.exe"') DO "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Support\%%G" /silent

FOR /f "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\True Color\unins*.exe"') DO "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\True Color\%%G" /silent

FOR /f "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\VoiceControl\unins*.exe"') DO "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\VoiceControl\%%G" /silent

reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\MSI /f

del C:\ProgramData\MSI /Q

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99