SEAGATE SRD0VN2 NOT CONNECTING TO MACBOOK ???? HELP

HELLO FOLKS,
i recently bought a seagate SRD0VN2 1TB external storage drive from micro center, it connected to my PC no problem and i was able to register it and add a password. however. it is not connecting to a macbook, the message reads "the disk you inserted is not readable by this computer" it was then checked on chromebook from the kids school and it works fine there. how do I resolve this macbook issue?

Comments

• @Darrel3000 good afternoon and thank you for contacting our Micro Center Community! I apologize for the delay. For external drives you can run into compatibility issues between MacOS and Windows 10 once your format them for one of the operating systems. Chrome generally won't have this issue, but if formatted for Windows 10 under the NTFS standard, then your Mac device may not be able to read the drive. 

The good news is that you can reformat the drive to ExFat which is supported on both Windows 10 and MacOS. To do so, you can do this on your mac following the Apple link below. BEFORE DOING SO: I would be sure to save all files onto your Windows 10 system that are saved on your external drive, as all data saved on the drive will be lost in the process of reformatting. 

https://support.apple.com/guide/disk-utility/format-a-disk-for-windows-computers-dskutl1010/mac

I hope this information helps! If you have any additional questions please let us know. Thank you for contacting our Community, stay safe and have a great day!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99