G464 Won't always boot after shutdown

I have a G464 (purchased in August 2020) that occasionally will not boot up after a shut down.  The power light comes on but nothing happens.  I will turn off the power switch on the back of the unit and it then am able to boot the system.  I do not know if the line power is going out and then on, but that should not cause this issue.  All drivers have been updated (that I can tell).  

Comments

• Hello @DRDEH thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. When you shut the computer down, fully turned off you then attempt to turn it back on normally and it won't boot up sometimes correct?
    If that is what is occurring, try these steps below. Your G464 has a ASUS Tuf x570 plus motherboard.
    1. Try updating your motherboard's chipset drivers, see link below. Download Chipset dated 2020/10/27.
    2. After updating chipset drivers, test the system. Shut it down then reboot to see if you still have the same issue.
    3. If the problem persists, then update the motherboard bios. See link and instructions link below.

Links:
    Instruction Video For Bios Update
    https://youtu.be/t36ttKl3kM4 

Bios file (Look under Bios)
    https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS/HelpDesk_Download/ 

• Thank you.  You were correct on the assumption.  Will try the updates this week now that we are past the primary use (weekly video streaming).  Will update this response when tested.
  • I am having the exact problem with a build Microcenter did last month.  Have to literally uplug the PSU wait a sec or two, then plug back in.  The it boots.   Subsequent tests with shutting it off then back on there is no problem.  It seems to be only when it is off for a while.  May be returning this build soon.  My case is the Lian LI Lancool 215 and power supply is the Focus GX650 Gold board is Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro

• @sirj I've responded to your post in another discussion, however, it would also be good to attempt the recommendations above here as well.
    Thanks
  • I have updated the chipset and have not yet encountered the issue.   I've not updated the bios at this time.
  • DRDEH said:
    I have updated the chipset and have not yet encountered the issue.   I've not updated the bios at this time.
    Alright, keep testing it out and if needed we can look into it further with you. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99