Parkville MD 30series

Me and about 50 others waited in line for a chance at a 30 series card this morning because the website said they had them. No employees came out to inform us that they infact did not have any cards. They instead let us stand in the cold for no reason. This event really gave me a bad impression of microcenter and how they treat their customers 

Comments

• Hello, @Brianluck I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to get a card yesterday! I'm only seeing that we have limited availability on one 30 series GPU in our Parkville location. Our website currently shows that this is an Open Box item. Is this the GPU that you say our website was referring to?
    If our website was listing items incorrectly, could you please DM me with the items that you're referring to? I'd love to look into this!
    Apologies again for the experience at our store and thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I'll share this with our store management. 
  • Sunday morning your site was listing rtx 3060ti  limited availability  rtx 3080 open box limited availability and 2 rtx 3090s one open box limited availability the other just limited availability. A large crowd formed in hopes to snag one of these cards. Every employee working that day walked past the crowd and line and said nothing to us. Let us wait. It wasn't until the store opened they bothered to inform us the site was wrong.
  • @Brianluck just chiming in. Again we're sorry for the inconvenience. We'll follow up with leadership on adding a process for high end items such as the 3000 series Nvidia cards; if they are limited available, stores can post a sign out front on if they have the card available or not. Normally when the site says limited availability, usually means there are 1 or 2 cards only. The first or second customer that enters the store has first crack at purchasing those cards. But we can share this with leadership so customers are informed when lining up at the store for 3000 series cards on if they are in stock or not.
  • When do you guys suspect that gpu will be more in stock and are you able to see how many people already got one 
  • Hello, @JoseF Welcome to the community! Apologies but we don't know when we'll be receiving more stock. We have orders out to manufacturers and we are currently waiting on them to send out the new shipments of GPUs. We've expected the shipment of these new GPUs to get them to the stores as soon as possible. Because of these changes, sometimes our stores will not know that we are receiving a shipment until the same day or the day before we receive them. I hope that explains things a bit for you.
    To your other question, yes, we do have a system in place to see how many have been sold.
  • JoseF
    JoseF
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2021
    When should I get to the store to try and get a 30 card cause I wake up 2 hours early to try and get one and do you put it up on the website or do we have to go and wait to get one, cause today I checked the website there was a 3090 asus tuf so I didn't go cause I didn't have enough money and I want a 3080 and i need to save some money cause I need a older cpu to update bios so I can use my 5800x
    should I just keep waking up early to get a card
  • @JoseF just chiming in. Other customers are coming to the store everyday waiting on the delivery truck so they can get a card. So there is competition from others on trying to get this card and the store when they get the 3080, have limited units to sell (ex., 2-3 or 4-5 cards, etc.). To be honest it may be best to keep coming to the store and waking up to have the best chance to get a card.  
  • JoseF
    JoseF
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2021
    @TSTDavey when you get 30 cards its random then so one day you only have 10 3080 and another day you only 3 3060ti and so on
  • Brianluck said:
    Me and about 50 others waited in line for a chance at a 30 series card this morning because the website said they had them. No employees came out to inform us that they infact did not have any cards. They instead let us stand in the cold for no reason. This event really gave me a bad impression of microcenter and how they treat their customers 

I shop there a lot and I remember seeing the long line. I was outside too and was able to snag a 3070. Talk about luck! I was a week after you but this store seems short staffed. They really need to adjust to accommodate. I worked in retail before and we mostly had coverage. It's disappointing to see only 2 or 3 cashiers max for a long line and lots of empty registers. Makes me wonder what management is doing.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99