Blues, Reds, Greens, and Browns - What's your preferred keyboard switch?

Options
Every mechanical keyboard owner (and the roommates of blue switch owners) have an opinion on switches. Do you like that click-y feedback of blues for gaming? Or maybe you're looking for a linear red for typing?

So, what's your preferred keyboard switch for your computer?

Comments

• I started with a blue switch Ducky keyboard, until I realized how much noise it was making while I was streaming. I switched over to the silent browns in the Logitech G513 and haven't looked back since, especially as I've been writing more on my computer and I think the blues would drive my roommate up the wall if they heard them all day.
  • Bigjoe
    Options
    As of now i like the smoothness and tactility profile of the glorious pandas especially when lubed
  • MaxBunny
    Options
    I like them all. I buy a new one every time.
  • Bigjoe said:
    As of now i like the smoothness and tactility profile of the glorious pandas especially when lubed
    Ohhh I hadn't heard of those before - they look crazy nice!
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    Cherry MX Speed switches.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Everglide Dark Jade Black switches are preferred but the majority of the time I use Cherry MX Brown switches.
  • Polizi212
    Options
    I guess I would have to say my current choice is the KT red switches that are in my Inland keyboard. While not the best switches in the market they seem to work really well for me and my style of typing/gaming. At the time I wanted a mechanical keyboard and it was at a price I could justify if I didnt like it, but it was like a duck to water and I have liked it since day one.
  • Deaner1121
    Options
    My favorite is the cherry mx silent switches. They feel nice and are pretty quiet which is nice for streaming and voice chats and stuff like that.
  • Ian
    Options
    For some reason, I've always been inclined to use red switch keyboards.
  • Paul_2
    Options
    A mechanical keyboard earned me my first computer!

When I was a child (a LONG time ago), I had been buying the monthly Computer User magazines (inch thick catalog) for mail order parts, and spec-ing out systems that I could never afford.  I had been bugging my mom to buy me a computer, but she never would.  So my Sunday school teacher worked at IBM and brought me a defective keyboard so I could practice my typing at home.  The mechanical keys were so loud, my mom finally bought me a computer within a week (with a quiet keyboard of course).  I had wanted to build a 386DX-33 from the mail order parts but she brought home a 386SX-16 from a yellow and blue store that will otherwise remain nameless.

Currently I'm on a Corsair K95 with brown.
  • Paul_2
    Paul_2 ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Options
    SeanM said:
    Bigjoe said:
    Ohhh I hadn't heard of those before - they look crazy nice!
    When reading the thread, I had at first thought Bigjoe was maybe not actually talking about a keyboard...*Cough*
    But then after seeing SeanM's comment I went and googled it, and it is a real thing (and looks cool)!
  • Haz
    Haz ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I personally like the Cherry MX brown switches. They offer good balance between those loud blue switches and the quick red switches. Also an interesting fact, the brown switches are always selling more than the other switches at least at the Corsair side. 
  • madscientist42
    Options

That's because they're a good compromise between blues and reds. Since my "preferred" is only really offered by Unicomp these days (The good ol' Clacker) I lean from Brown to Blue. Using Browns right now in the Corsair I'm sporting right now.

• Haz
    Haz ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    That is very cool madscientist42. I’m also sporting browns as well in a Corsair keyboard.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99