Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-intel.aspx?load=e33fccc1-05c9-46be-8bd5-dec06329aa14
1. I couldn't find a case with an optical drive bay (want to reuse existing) -- I like: Corsair Carbide Series 100R Silent Edition Quiet Mid Tower Case, Solid , but want to know if compatible (not on MC, so would have to buy on Amazon)
2. I like Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B CPU Air Cooler, but have no idea on ease of install or if better choice exists.

3. I am reusing optical drive and HD from existing Dell XPS (also not on MC) but am interested in MC pro build.

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello, @JDW.
    Yes, the build you've selected will work well, however, I'd ask a few things. What do you have in mind for this build? What's your budget, and what monitor do you plan to pair with this?

2. The Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B is compatible with the motherboard and CPU you've selected.
    3. We can still offer MC Pro Build for your selection.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Happy to discuss this further with you!
  • JDW
    Options
    Thanks for the response. I am using machine for programming and casual gaming (not cutting edge). I am very sure a middle/high build like this will be suitable for me and have longevity.  I am waiting for crazy prices to subside to buy a GPU. I will use my existing Radeon HD 7800 to get by for now.
    I have finalized my selections to include Corsair carbide  100R  (for quiet). I like the 200R, but it is bigger than my limited desktop would allow for. 
    Having watched some Carey Holzman videos using same components I am going for self-build. If I get into trouble, I may contact you.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Yeah, I think you've got a great build for that! I might suggest a more powerful PSU, but the CPU and RAM you selected will support your programming quite well!
    We're happy to help if you do need help! We'll do the best we can!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99