Need Help Choosing Parts

I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=7b9d1198-5b44-492f-b9d3-608e1c7e71d9
I'm going to have a minimum budget of 1,200, so if anyone can help me find parts that will likely not go over 1,800 that would be greatly appreciated. Also, struggling to find a graphics card that fits within my budget, so if you think I should trade out some for some cheaper parts to be able to fit the Graphics Card then please tell me.

Comments

• Hello @MiYUKi What do you have planned for this build?
    Based on the information you've shared so far, I'd recommend a few changes and I've included them in this build.
    Please let me know if you have any questions.
    I'd be happy to offer more recommendations once I know what you plan to use it for!
  • MiYUKi
    MiYUKi ✭✭
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 2021

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated! I plan on using this build for gaming and for work, I have a Oculus Quest too and plan on using my PC for VR as well.

• You're quite welcome! I'd have to say that this is a great build for all of those tasks. While my recommendation is a bit above your minimum for your budget, I see that it's still within it. I think it's a great build for all the tasks that you mentioned and with the 10700k and the 3060 ti, you'll be able to get 100+ fps in many titles at 1080p with max settings and even some at 1440p.

The 3060 ti is an impressive card for the price.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

• MiYUKi
    MiYUKi ✭✭
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 2021

I think I'll stick with this build! Thanks again for the help, though one thing I'd like to figure out, how well do you think titles like Metro Exodus or Assassin's Creed Unity will run on this? I'm trying to figure out how much this build can handle before slowing down its FPS. Ah, and should I consider Case Fans?

• Happy to help!

Yeah, this would run well with those titles. Even at 4k, this build should manage Metro Exodus with around 50fps on max settings.

I'd expect AC: Unity to get around 65 fps at 4k. Because of this, you could expect higher fps in 2k and much higher in 1080p.

As I mentioned, it's a pretty great build!

As for case fans, since the case comes with fans I'd say that would be an aesthetic choice. I don't think it's required, but it may offer a small improvement to your thermals if you were to add more.

• MiYUKi
    MiYUKi ✭✭
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 2021

Just ran into a problem though, from what I've read, the H510i case won't be able to fit the kraken x63 280mm Water Cooling system, but some people I see still use the 280mm in the H510i, so I'm super confused, and I don't know what I should do.

• I'm not seeing any info about the x63 not fitting, and I do see that the case lists it does support two 140mm front fans. However, if it is a concern for you, I'd recommend going with the x53 https://www.microcenter.com/product/618678/nzxt-kraken-x53-240mm-rgb-water-cooling-kit

It's slightly smaller but still offers the great performance of an AIO!

• I thought about changing to the x53, though I now that I did check back on it, like you said, it does supports two 140mm front fans, so I think I'll stick with the x63. Of course, I've also heard problems regarding the Cam software but if anything were to happen, I'll ask around.

Lastly, is there anything you think that I should know before going for this build? This is my first time handling water cooling. Fortunately, NZXT has a warranty in case the water system were to leak or be faulty.

• Most closed-loop systems or AIO coolers are quite robust and will not leak unless there is a serious issue with the AIO.

Just be sure that there is not a kink or severe bend in the tubing.

Otherwise, as long as you know how to build a regular system I would say that you're all set!

Please let us know if you have any questions!

• Something just dawned on me, do I need to install the AIO Water Cooler when breadboarding?

• Do you mean when you're out of case testing?

I'd recommend that you always have a cooler on the CPU while it is in use.

I would use caution anytime you are adding parts to ensure you are working in a static-free environment.

• MiYUKi
    MiYUKi ✭✭
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 2021

I'm having a really, REALLY tough time trying to find the EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 TI Graphics Card online and in retail stores. They're all sold out. Where should I check to see if its in stock?

Edit: I thought about trying to find an Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, reading that they'll likely be in stock late this month. Thought I might try my luck with that.

• Most likely they are out of stock at this time, but I'd always recommend checking our website!

https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntk=all&sortby=pricelow&N=4294966937+4294808776&myStore=false

Unfortunately, they are sold out pretty much everywhere. There is a huge demand for most GPUs right now, and the manufacturers can't keep up with said demand. Hopefully, that is true! It would be great to have more inventory sooner than later. I'd love to see more RTX and RX builds!

• No luck... Every single one I've looked at, even the one's over my budget, are all sold out. I'm going to keep an eye for any of them if they restock.

• Best of luck to you! Hopefully we'll have some in the near future!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99